Next was the Thornbridge pub, the Market Cat. Four or five young people were sharing the duties: doorman, front of house, waiting and pouring. The door person asked us if we lived together. A quick glance at the table options made it quite easy to lie, and we were shown to a smallish table in a booth in the back corner. (There are more tables upstairs that seemed less crowded.) OB and son went for the Roosters London Thunder while I had decided, while doing my research the night before, to go for the Jaipur X, a keg reworking of Thornbridge's flagship beer, at a modest 10% abv. I went for a sensible third, though soon wished I had joined the others in their porters. Jaipur X was neither too cold nor too fizzy, and no one could accuse it of being either too malty, too alcoholic or too interesting – it tasted like a 5% lager/IPA crossover. One of the young helpers agreed that I could photograph the keg font roundel, and my telephoto lens enabled me to do so while not contaminating the bar counter.