Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How was it for you?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    To use my local with QR code to order beer from the table has resulted in an additional cost of 1.5% on top of the price of drinks 7p extra on a pint 13p on 2 etc etc. I'm choosing another pub to drink in as I don't agree with being charged extra to put money in their tills when they need us to keep them in business. They don't even open on Monday and Tuesday now to try and take advantage of cheap food August. The receipt numbers between my old local and new local are worlds apart. They really aren't doing themselves any favours with this approach. Whether it's EI lead or their idea of how to be "new normal", bloody hate these shite words/terms in unknown times.
    I've only bought six pints since 4th July and was surprised that four of them were cheaper than I'd normally expect, The Dartmouth Arms - revamped and now less good - fleeced me twice at £5.00, though I was only paying out of necessity. Are you not paying with chip 'n' pin? I this an 'app' used to pay in a pub, such as Big Smoke, Hopt, Young's On Tap or My Pub?
    I too am sick of these stupid terms such as 'shielding'; we've had a term for this for years. It's called Staying At Home.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I too am sick of these stupid terms such as 'shielding'; we've had a term for this for years. It's called Staying At Home.
    It's a bit more than that. It's staying at home and not letting anyone else in. It's the last bit which is important.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    It's a bit more than that. It's staying at home and not letting anyone else in. It's the last bit which is important.
    Aaahhh! The BT Openreach engineer is due in around 15 minutes, but the appointment is open up until 18.00. I shall hide in the lav...

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Walking through the hellscape of St Helens town centre was eye opening last night. Excruciating karaoke booming out of one bar, so loud that you could probably hear it from Wigan. several other places looked full beyond their capacity with people stood around the bar. The bigger pubs being far more stringent with waiter service and assigned tables. Weird times but it was interesting to see town centre nightlife in such rude health on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    ... Excruciating karaoke booming out of one bar, so loud that you could probably hear it from Wigan...
    I thought all forms of "singing" were banned in public at present, I was in a pub yesterday where the piano has been removed although that might be down to new management.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Walking through the hellscape of St Helens town centre was eye opening last night. Excruciating karaoke booming out of one bar, so loud that you could probably hear it from Wigan. several other places looked full beyond their capacity with people stood around the bar. The bigger pubs being far more stringent with waiter service and assigned tables. Weird times but it was interesting to see town centre nightlife in such rude health on a Sunday.
    They're sailing close to the wind. The council can and will shut them down.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...wn-regulations

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    They're sailing close to the wind. The council can and will shut them down.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...wn-regulations
    And now calling foul:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Written across the photo on Facebook: "we are being chastised and it's not fair" - do they by any chance mean "victimised"? Or "picked on"? Need to retake that GCSE English, I think.

I can remember the deputy head at my school, 50-years-ago-but-seems-like-yesterday, "S'not fair? Life's not fair, laddie!" Have yet to see any evidence to the contrary.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I can remember the deputy head at my school, 50-years-ago-but-seems-like-yesterday, "S'not fair? Life's not fair, laddie!" Have yet to see any evidence to the contrary.
    Did your DH then deliver six of the best?

Did your DH then deliver six of the best?
    Not that sort of encounter. This was just a bit of give-and-take. I said 50 years ago, not 150!
    Come On You Hatters!