Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
To use my local with QR code to order beer from the table has resulted in an additional cost of 1.5% on top of the price of drinks 7p extra on a pint 13p on 2 etc etc. I'm choosing another pub to drink in as I don't agree with being charged extra to put money in their tills when they need us to keep them in business. They don't even open on Monday and Tuesday now to try and take advantage of cheap food August. The receipt numbers between my old local and new local are worlds apart. They really aren't doing themselves any favours with this approach. Whether it's EI lead or their idea of how to be "new normal", bloody hate these shite words/terms in unknown times.
I've only bought six pints since 4th July and was surprised that four of them were cheaper than I'd normally expect, The Dartmouth Arms - revamped and now less good - fleeced me twice at £5.00, though I was only paying out of necessity. Are you not paying with chip 'n' pin? I this an 'app' used to pay in a pub, such as Big Smoke, Hopt, Young's On Tap or My Pub?
I too am sick of these stupid terms such as 'shielding'; we've had a term for this for years. It's called Staying At Home.