Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How was it for you?

Real Ale Drinker

Default How was it for you?

Was out in Liverpool City Centre today. Early start (10am) Ship and Mitre. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Went to two pubs this afternoon, one a spoons the other a Taylors tied house. First impressions; it's all a bit of a faff and service is slower and prices higher. In the spoons they hadn't updated the beer list on the App and after 10 minutes they came and told me the beer I'd ordered wasn't on, the replacement came quite soon with apologies, basic real ale price is £2.10 with the next tier at £2.25 then £2.35. This spoons was quite slick at table management and cleaning (!) but not so good on the contact tracing (none existant). The other pub was more of a faff as they took an age deciding where I could sit but then the beer arrived in a reasonable time, not quick but reasonable. I had to remind them on the way out about contact tracing. Overall not the best drinking experience, it may settle down in time but today I was glad to get home and pick up a faff free can, pour and drink it. Table service might have been the norm in the past but I can see why it fell out of use.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    In the spoons they hadn't updated the beer list on the App and after 10 minutes they came and told me the beer I'd ordered wasn't on
    Well that is a pain because it occurred to me it'd be interesting to see how quickly casks of guest ale were being drunk according to the app.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Was out in Liverpool City Centre today. Early start (10am) Ship and Mitre. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Posted a thread on Scoopgen with the same name,Spooky!

Excellent. Great afternoon, superb beer and good company. A delight to be back.

Bit busier than a usual Saturday afternoon but not mobbed. All the systems worked well, table service, large outside area, one way system and social distancing. Made for an easy, laid back and thoroughly enjoyable few beers.
    "Beer is food." Morse, Colin Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Well that is a pain because it occurred to me it'd be interesting to see how quickly casks of guest ale were being drunk according to the app.
    To be fair they had updated the app by the time I'd finished the replacement pint. As a friend of mine said "early days" and they (and all pubs) will hopefully become more slick as time goes by.

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Posted a thread on Scoopgen with the same name,Spooky!
    Ain't me. Never heard of Scoopgen until now.

Unexpected new behaviour - people going to the pub and buying takeaway draught ales then congregating in gardens to drink it.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

First pint served to our table was Rat - White Rat, the Vocation Bread & Butter having already sold out.

Sadly the White Rat went the same way, so Strata Fram (chicken soup) was next, followed by RedWillow Shameless

After a visit to our local tapas bar a couple of pints of Pictish Nugget were consumed in the Pint Pot.

Slow service to start with but overall a reasonable experience.

Time to get on to Brewers Wholesale to get some interesting beer delivered for next week!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

A third attempt to get into the Southampton Arms last night - no room at the Inn, so two very good pints of Purity's Mad Goose in the Lady Hamilton last night.