Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
Today I made my first visit since lockdown to the Fat Cat. There's a one-way system of sorts (enter by front door, leave by garden gate) and there's a list of names and contact details to add to, just inside the front door. (Should have washed my hands after using pen & paper but forgot, and nobody reminded me.) All beers bar one were from the Kelham Island Brewery, I think five of them plus a guest from Ashover. No sign of the normal regular Timothy Taylor Landlord - presumably they're not so quick off the mark in Keighley.

My pint of Kelham Island Best Bitter was in superb nick, so I had a second. When it's on song, this is one of the best beers of its type in the whole country, bitter but well balanced, but one of the reasons I don't (didn't) go in the Fat Cat as often as some of the other pubs in my walk-to area is that the beer can vary quite a bit from week to week, or from brew to brew perhaps, and then I tend to find there's not much else to my taste and end up on the Landlord. Anyway, today was a good one, so it was good to be back.
Not only using the same pen, but Data Protection contravention too.

I suspect pubs will get a lot busier from next weekend when these stupid mask rules come in for shops.