Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How was it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    OMG So good I went back there today and had the same beers: Atom Retrogade Motion 6% on cask – two whole pints this time. What a very good beer this is. And got a bit carried away and had a half (not a third) of Wander Beyond Dark Drift Barrel Aged (still not really a name) 9.7%. Good grief.
    ...and tomorrow I've got a choice of watching Luton Town on the telly at whichever pub is going to be showing our inevitable heavy defeat at Huddersfield Town (6pm onwards), or back to the Crow Inn for more of the same delectable stuff (I didn't see anyone else drinking it).

Any advice would be welcome.
    Come On You Hatters!

At least I remembered to wash my hands at every opportunity.
    Rubber gloves are the secret, also satisfies, ahem, other needs

...and tomorrow I've got a choice of watching Luton Town on the telly at whichever pub is going to be showing our inevitable heavy defeat at Huddersfield Town (6pm onwards), or back to the Crow Inn for more of the same delectable stuff (I didn't see anyone else drinking it).

Any advice would be welcome.
    Depends where the game is being played, if it's Huddersfield then no contest essential travel I'd say just to check out the Kings Head, Sportsman, Grove, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Depends where the game is being played, if it's Huddersfield then no contest essential travel I'd say just to check out the Kings Head, Sportsman, Grove, etc.
    Good thought. With the bonus that I don't have to watch the game!
    Come On You Hatters!

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Went out for drinks for the first time yesterday to a wet led village pub. Besides a sensible queuing system at the bar it largely felt like normal. Convivial atmosphere and busier than a usual Saturday. Couple of real ales on (it used to be 3), Atlantic and Proper Job, both well kept. Enjoyed it.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Went out for drinks for the first time yesterday to a wet led village pub. Besides a sensible queuing system at the bar it largely felt like normal. Convivial atmosphere and busier than a usual Saturday. Couple of real ales on (it used to be 3), Atlantic and Proper Job, both well kept. Enjoyed it.
    I wonder if the dodgier pints will be starting to appear soon in places that have over-ordered.. I always used to find Thursday pints to be a bit risky.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Rubber gloves are the secret, also satisfies, ahem, other needs
    Rubber gloves are of little use unless the wearer has an open wound, me thinks. The wearer will still touch their clothes and, more importantly, their face.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I wonder if the dodgier pints will be starting to appear soon in places that have over-ordered.. I always used to find Thursday pints to be a bit risky.

This establishment
    was pushing Rocking Rudolph in mid Feb. it would have been knocking around for a good six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

This establishment
    was pushing Rocking Rudolph in mid Feb. it would have been knocking around for a good six weeks.
    Fairly disgusting stuff even when fresh.

Today I made my first visit since lockdown to the Fat Cat. There's a one-way system of sorts (enter by front door, leave by garden gate) and there's a list of names and contact details to add to, just inside the front door. (Should have washed my hands after using pen & paper but forgot, and nobody reminded me.) All beers bar one were from the Kelham Island Brewery, I think five of them plus a guest from Ashover. No sign of the normal regular Timothy Taylor Landlord - presumably they're not so quick off the mark in Keighley.

My pint of Kelham Island Best Bitter was in superb nick, so I had a second. When it's on song, this is one of the best beers of its type in the whole country, bitter but well balanced, but one of the reasons I don't (didn't) go in the Fat Cat as often as some of the other pubs in my walk-to area is that the beer can vary quite a bit from week to week, or from brew to brew perhaps, and then I tend to find there's not much else to my taste and end up on the Landlord. Anyway, today was a good one, so it was good to be back.
    Come On You Hatters!