Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's off to the pub tomorrow?

Default Who's off to the pub tomorrow?

So the time has come and pubs can open tomorrow - albeit under the "new normal" rules.

Who can't wait and will be going tomorrow?

I will keep my powder dry for a bit yet. I don't want my pub visit to be more like a military exercise so I will hang on and see how the dust settles.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    So the time has come and pubs can open tomorrow - albeit under the "new normal" rules.

I will keep my powder dry for a bit yet. I don't want my pub visit to be more like a military exercise so I will hang on and see how the dust settles.
    Was thinking i would be in at 9am but queuing for toilets, etc etc - saving it for midweek instead.

Just ranted my thoughts here

I might have a wander round the town tomorrow afternoon just to see what's occurring, might have a pint or three if it looks OK.

Opening time here, which is given praise by CAMRA with inclusion in their "prestigious guide". Although described as "a pleasant Victorian local", the pub itself is 16th century, It's just the front half and frontage that's Victorian.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Just driven past The Flying Horse. Serried regimented ranks of benches in the car park.Think I'll give it a miss, thanks.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post

I will be attempting this crawl:

Tapping the Admiral
    The Grafton
    The Bull & Gate
    The Pineapple
    The Junction Tavern
    The Dartmouth Arms
    Southampton Arms

I'll probably have to check out the websites to make sure they are actually opening, otherwise I might have to settle for The Prince Alfred, where I had my last drink. Realistically though, I expect that if a person doesn't arrive to be in the first or second capacity wave of customers, I suspect that they won't get in. Unlike supermarkets where people are in and out in around 15 minutes, pub-goers will probably be spending a large part of the day - or all evening - knocking it back. This will be a first time in the pub for a very large number of postulants, which will probably amplify demand even further; at least it seems that many pubs won't be serving food. Another problem I envisage, is that presumably it will be one in/one out, so how couples - let alone groups - will get in, is anyone's guess...
    Last edited by Tris39; 03-07-2020 at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I will be attempting this crawl:

Tapping the Admiral
    The Grafton
    The Bull & Gate
    The Pineapple
    The Junction Tavern
    The Dartmouth Arms
    Southampton Arms

I'll probably have to check out the websites to make sure they are actually opening, otherwise I might have to settle for The Prince Alfred, where I had my last drink. Realistically though, I expect that if a person doesn't arrive to be in the first or second capacity wave of customers, I suspect that they won't get in. Unlike supermarkets where people are in and out in around 15 minutes, pub-goers will probably be spending a large part of the day - or all evening - knocking it back. This will be a first time in the pub for a very large number of postulants, which will probably amplify demand even further; at least it seems that many pubs won't be serving food. Another problem I envisage, is that presumably it will be one in/one out, so how couples - let alone groups - will get in, is anyone's guess...
    That's a cracking crawl that I've done more than once, not sure what the experience will be like in these strange times.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Well the pubs reopening has certainly brought out the neo-pro's, snowflakes and other assorted twats

Sheffield City Council
    https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...tweet-18535164

Devon & Cornwall Police said they (and Dorset) would be limiting pub visits to 2 hours, when told "er that's not in the guidelines" they swiftly retracted the tweet and issued some weasel words denying they'd said it.

Greater Manchester Police in a blind panic https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-53263328 and No10 too ;https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53281539

Likely to be a damp squib anyway:

"However, there are signs that some people will be reluctant to return. Pollsters Ipsos-Mori said 60% of the 1,000 people they spoke to said they would be uncomfortable going to a bar or restaurant". (BBC)
    I've copied the above from the other thread for ease of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I might have a wander round the town tomorrow afternoon just to see what's occurring, might have a pint or three if it looks OK.
    I won't be going to the pub on Saturday, but I'm going to try the Gardeners Rest on Sunday. They're opening this weekend for shareholders only (plus family and close friends), then using the lessons learned to make any necessary adjustments before re-opening on Wednesday to the general public. Luckily I'm a shareholder, so I reckon it needs to be done.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Luckily I'm a shareholder, so I reckon it needs to be done.
    It's your civic duty!

Pubs aren’t open
    https://youtu.be/d5hZ7I8u5vw
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"