Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a pub up from scratch

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Oh, PGers, please stop biting...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Oh, PGers, please stop biting...
    I'm peckish
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by flatcap View Post
    1. I have not seen any micro pubs up for rent!

2. If there is no live music played until midnight on a weekend then there will be no pub! it is as simple as that

3. What is a CAMBA? do you have any contact for these people please
    I think with all the wise advice you've received on this site it's probably time to approach one of the bigger PubCos and invest in one of their opportunities. They will provide you with a Business Development Manager who will give you better advice than we could ever hope to, it will be money well spent. Given the Covid19 stuff there's never been a better time to invest in a pub, investing at the bottom of the market is always the way to go, so go for it big time but don't over reach, things might suddenly fall apart. PubCo's are always on the lookout for innovative business ideas like yours, I don't see how you could fail being such a smart, switched on person. Best of luck with your future life chance attempts.

Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    and you will be up against chain music venues from the likes of Stonegate who have the buying power to compete with your "pile it high ,sell it cheap"pricing policy.Good luck.
    I can not find anything from there own site that mentions live music they hold! So again do they do live music?

Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I think with all the wise advice you've received on this site it's probably time to approach one of the bigger PubCos and invest in one of their opportunities. They will provide you with a Business Development Manager who will give you better advice than we could ever hope to, it will be money well spent. Given the Covid19 stuff there's never been a better time to invest in a pub, investing at the bottom of the market is always the way to go, so go for it big time but don't over reach, things might suddenly fall apart. PubCo's are always on the lookout for innovative business ideas like yours, I don't see how you could fail being such a smart, switched on person. Best of luck with your future life chance attempts.
    Yes I have all the big pubcons with there BDMs listed in my phone book/ my diary/ my black book ect ect.
    Any road I am so please to see that you are enjoying your early Monday Morning the 22nd of june tipple of all the bear gardens opening up again
    Last edited by flatcap; 21-06-2020 at 23:01.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flatcap View Post
    I can not find anything from there own site that mentions live music they hold! So again do they do live music?
    From what you have said,I assumed that you wanted to open a bar with a "party " atmosphere in which case you maybe up against Stonegate brands like Popworld,Fever,Flares and Zinc.However if you are not aiming at the youth market,maybe your market research should focus on "live music venues" that currently exist in which ever towns or cities you consider viable for your plans.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Don't have contact details for Camba but if you go in a real ale pub after the 4th july and see a bearded sandal wearing bloke with a big beer belly he most likely will be able to help.

Spritzer Swallower

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    From what you have said,I assumed that you wanted to open a bar with a "party " atmosphere in which case you maybe up against Stonegate brands like Popworld,Fever,Flares and Zinc.However if you are not aiming at the youth market,maybe your market research should focus on "live music venues" that currently exist in which ever towns or cities you consider viable for your plans.
    What did you think that only under 25s went out to listen to live music or something?