Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Beer52 'Cyber Fest' Online Beer Festivals

Default Beer52 'Cyber Fest' Online Beer Festivals

Did anybody else participate in one or both of the Beer52 'Cyber Fest' online beer festivals over the weekends of 17/18 April and 5/6 June 2020?

The online part of the first was rather shambolic due to technical glitches, but the one this Friday and Saturday worked much better, and there were some interesting mini-features filmed by the participating breweries both in the UK and overseas (together with some quiz questions and a mix of good / dud comedy, pundits, etc.).

However, the range of beers was very good on both occasions, with the second box of goodies featuring 24 beers from breweries across the world including the likes of DouGall's 942 4.2% pale ale from Spain, 15 Sour 5% (as it says) from Dugges in Sweden, Pants Optional 5.5% DDH IPA from Norway's Lervig, Gentle Bastard 6% IPA from Horizont in Budapest and Fierce Beer's Undefeated Champion 6% IPA from New Zealand.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200605_164129s.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	647.7 KB 
ID:	2393
    However, I think I'll leave the Winter Bänger 12.5% imperial stout from Põhjala in Estonia until next Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Did anybody else participate in one or both of the Beer52 'Cyber Fest' online beer festivals over the weekends of 17/18 April and 5/6 June 2020?

The online part of the first was rather shambolic due to technical glitches, but the one this Friday and Saturday worked much better, and there were some interesting mini-features filmed by the participating breweries both in the UK and overseas (together with some quiz questions and a mix of good / dud comedy, pundits, etc.).

However, the range of beers was very good on both occasions, with the second box of goodies featuring 24 beers from breweries across the world including the likes of DouGall's 942 4.2% pale ale from Spain, 15 Sour 5% (as it says) from Dugges in Sweden, Pants Optional 5.5% DDH IPA from Norway's Lervig, Gentle Bastard 6% IPA from Horizont in Budapest and Fierce Beer's Undefeated Champion 6% IPA from New Zealand.

However, I think I'll leave the Winter Bänger 12.5% imperial stout from Põhjala in Estonia until next Christmas!
    That's the first I've heard of it. I've had a few Põhjala from the bottle shop in Sheffield market, so will look out for that one when they reopen.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Pohjala are a very good brewery especially the strong beers. Fierce are jocks and another good brewery.Seems like you got top brewers in that selection.

I didn't, but we get the Beer 52 box every month here - I'll grant them that they do source rather well for fairly reasonable prices. The Virginia Brewing Company beers last month were fabulous, a new 'look out for' brewery, not often that happens as I usually take some convincing.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I still have their invite to a free trial case ('worth £24') which can be taken without sticking around for the monthly subscription, apparently.
    Looks like I missed the 2 extra free beers by not ordering before 08Jun, though this was my second invite - maybe I'll wait for the next one...