Ads not shown when logged in
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die

  1. #1
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,493

    Default 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die

    Friend of mine is doing the whole book of 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die and is video reviewing each one. I reckon this qualifies

    Also, I'm in some of them. We just did beer 500 this afternoon. 501 to go.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpFg...nU-Jz0r1ZzQmhG

  2. #2
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Friend of mine is doing the whole book of 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die and is video reviewing each one. I reckon this qualifies

    Also, I'm in some of them. We just did beer 500 this afternoon. 501 to go.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpFg...nU-Jz0r1ZzQmhG
    Is it me or are James's opening hello's much higher pitched than they used to be?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #3
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Is it me or are James's opening hello's much higher pitched than they used to be?
    no comment!

  4. #4
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    4,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    no comment!
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #5
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Clear glass please! Why use a half-darkened glass with the name of a different beer on it when making a tasting vid..?

  6. #6
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Clear glass please! Why use a half-darkened glass with the name of a different beer on it when making a tasting vid..?
    His vids his rules. It's only a bit of fun, we aren't making ourselves out to be experts or anything.

  7. #7
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I should have shown appreciation for reaching the halfway mark - how long did that take, and what is the forecast for completing the list, when the beers will presumably become ever harder to source..?
    Are you keeping a rolling top-5 or anything, as the journey rolls on?
    Come on Quinno, I think you'd sit at the table with the upper percentiles of experts in the country. Even if you lowered your colours a little with your tragic view on Fargo!!

  8. #8
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    I got that book off a garden wall for free. It is a nice ornament.

    20200611_231022.jpg
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 11-06-2020 at 22:17.

  9. #9
    Between pubs sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I got that book off a garden wall for free. It is a nice ornament.

    20200611_231022.jpg
    Come On You Hatters!

Similar Threads

  1. 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die challenge
    By Quinno in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27-07-2016, 20:25
  2. Called to the Bar - 1001 Beers updated version
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-12-2013, 11:02
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 19:22
  4. Gay Beers
    By Strongers in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 21:25
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-04-2010, 10:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •