Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Speculation

Default Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    A social distancing scenario may work in pubs like many Spoons for example, involving queues and one way systems, but won't be an enjoyable experience in my view,in the type of pub I prefer , small and traditional, I can't see it working at all.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Opening all the windows and doors is one solution. Seems this virus likes enclosed spaces where the RNA can't dissipate easily. The women at work will be having a hissy fit when this is proposed!

I don't see why pub gardens can't open this Summer. Small groups on tables or sitting on lawns would be good, ban children (running around dragging viruses in their wake and coughing over people), encourage dogs (we've noticed that the dog owners in our local drink more week-on-week than non-doggers), snacks al fesco etc.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Some bars with beer gardens or patios (nearly all of them have one or the other) have reopened in Lanzarote this week.

4 friends of ours who live there have been meeting up and drinking beer, with social distancing needless to say.

Only fizz of course, but I'm still jealous.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Talking to a couple of Landlords this week , they are planning for an early July opening with every other table removed and table service only , these are food led pubs , one more drinking based pub is working on a text ordering system for drinkers , text the bar your order then collect from a safe collection area at the bar before returning to your table/beer garden .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A social distancing scenario may work in pubs like many Spoons for example, involving queues and one way systems, but won't be an enjoyable experience in my view,in the type of pub I prefer , small and traditional, I can't see it working at all.
    I've spent my entire drinking career socially distanced from 'spoons.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I don't see why pub gardens can't open this Summer. Small groups on tables or sitting on lawns would be good, ban children (running around dragging viruses in their wake and coughing over people), encourage dogs (we've noticed that the dog owners in our local drink more week-on-week than non-doggers), snacks al fesco etc.
    I don't think dogs in pubs would be a good idea as although they can't carry the virus as such, I expect that their owners can deposit it on their fur, so coming into contact with someone else's dog (stroking or being brushed against) could pass on the plague.

Hopefully then, we can all give two fingers to Johnnie Virus.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I've spent my entire drinking career socially distanced from 'spoons.

I don't think dogs in pubs would be a good idea as although they can't carry the virus as such, I expect that their owners can deposit it on their fur, so coming into contact with someone else's dog (stroking or being brushed against) could pass on the plague.

Hopefully then, we can all give two fingers to Johnnie Virus.
    Dogs in pubs are OK so long as they just lie there. Don't even mind them as an obstacle course like in Fox and Goose Hebden.

Cynically, the best way to get pubs open, given that the government are following not leading public opinion, is for mass drinking gatherings to happen that the police can't control. Better for them that these happen with landlord oversight than out in public areas with no control of usual subsequent behaviour...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ays-trade-body

I spend my days outdoors, so I'd quite like to be able to lurk inside! However, I'd feel safer socially distanced outside than in.
    This would knock out many of the micros round here.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Unprecedented times, new normal, social distancing etc if used in continual use are going to increase the murder rate in this country especially if pubs don't reopen until the end of this. FFS get a life and stop inventing stupid word combinations.

Words over shut pubs is pissing me off more about this """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Pandemic""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Oh that's another word............