Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lost Beers

This Space For Hire

Used to prefer Chiswick bitter to London Pride in my early days but somewhere along the line it lost its flavour. It was only 3.5 and all the time I drank it I never knew it was so weak..Explains why I could drink 10 pints in a session.Hock 3.5 was a dark mild they use to bring out in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Used to prefer Chiswick bitter to London Pride in my early days but somewhere along the line it lost its flavour. It was only 3.5 and all the time I drank it I never knew it was so weak..Explains why I could drink 10 pints in a session.Hock 3.5 was a dark mild they use to bring out in the winter.
    I came across London Pride long before Chiswick Bitter, and having got to enjoy the fuller (pun only slightly intended) former beer I could never see the point of the latter.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I came across London Pride long before Chiswick Bitter, and having got to enjoy the fuller (pun only slightly intended) former beer I could never see the point of the latter.
    Used to frequent Fullers pubs and the Chiswick was a poor seller compared to Pride.Lot of pubs didn't stock it on cask but had it on keg.Fullers did a lot of their beers on keg in the80s

This Space For Hire

Used to frequent Fullers pubs and the Chiswick was a poor seller compared to Pride.Lot of pubs didn't stock it on cask but had it on keg.Fullers did a lot of their beers on keg in the80s
    Go back a bit further and they only had 4 real ale pubs at one time! Personally I preferred Pride; Hock was great when available and looked-after; ESB was just too strong, or so it seemed at the time although that looks a bit ridiculous nowadays.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    almost anything out of Gales
    I still feel rather sad about the HSB name being used by Fullers for a beer which tastes nothing like Gales HSB. The beer is lost, the name is stolen, I mean recycled.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I still feel rather sad about the HSB name being used by Fullers for a beer which tastes nothing like Gales HSB. The beer is lost, the name is stolen, I mean recycled.
    Hear hear!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Drank the Gales -hsb but was not amazed by it then Fullers brewed it and I could see this wasn't the Gales beer I had drank.Did like Gales Festival mild though

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Go back a bit further and they only had 4 real ale pubs at one time! Personally I preferred Pride; Hock was great when available and looked-after; ESB was just too strong, or so it seemed at the time although that looks a bit ridiculous nowadays.
    It does look ridiculous now but as I mentioned yesterday I was drinking 3.5 Chiswick bitter and so my 10 pints was equivalent to 6 pints of ESB

This Space For Hire

It does look ridiculous now but as I mentioned yesterday I was drinking 3.5 Chiswick bitter and so my 10 pints was equivalent to 6 pints of ESB
    Missing Gales Prize Old Ale?