Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's my tolerance going?

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I seem to be losing my tolerance of other people!
    Being in lockdown has made me realise that I don't really like many of my neighbours. I am sick of hearing other peoples music as soon as the sun comes out and I am sick of people having garden fires "because there isn't a green bin collection"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Certainly agree with this, especially that thing where it is seemingly ok to blast out (always sh1t) music with windows wide open just because the sun is shining. The same weather also seems to encourage certain of my neighbours to have full on domestic arguments for all to hear.
    This is why we have pubs, so that we can get away from all this crap.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Alcohol wise my problem is kidde-cans, I can't drink them fast enough for the desired effect, I'm OK with with mini-kegs drinking pints, that works fine and my tolerance is normal.

PS I noticed that Boak & Bailey put two kiddie-cans into a pint glass, topping up when required which might be the way forward.
    I look on 33cl cans as an opportunity to drink a stronger than normal beer without getting more pissed than normal. So a can of, let's say Thornbridge Jaipur 5.9% works out as 1.95 units of alcohol, whereas a whole pint of same, as drunk by Boak & Bailey and in future also it seems by you, would be 3.35 units. And then, when you go and top it up with the dregs of the second can, you're on for 3.90 units, thus invoking the displeasure of HMG and your GP.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    ... walking between pubs gives me a break from chugging beer after beer...
    This is what people who don't do pub crawls fail to appreciate. It's the sensible way to drink beer.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I look on 33cl cans as an opportunity to drink a stronger than normal beer without getting more pissed than normal. So a can of, let's say Thornbridge Jaipur 5.9% works out as 1.95 units of alcohol, whereas a whole pint of same, as drunk by Boak & Bailey and in future also it seems by you, would be 3.35 units. And then, when you go and top it up with the dregs of the second can, you're on for 3.90 units, thus invoking the displeasure of HMG and your GP.
    I don't have a problem with drinking 3.9 units of fresh beer albeit some is stored in a can awaiting my pleasure, over today I have had 18.33 units, yesterday was 14.2 and Friday was 12.33, however Tuesday - Thursday was 0 units and Monday was 6.7.

I really don't give a flying one about recommended units considering how PHE had to force even the neo-pros at Sheffield University into faking the figures. As for a GP: I deal with them when and if required, not being a snowflake their opinion is of no importance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    PS I noticed that Boak & Bailey put two kiddie-cans into a pint glass, topping up when required which might be the way forward.
    I've got two Wetherspoon Festival glasses from the 1990s when they tried out using lined glasses. They easily hold two carelessly poured 330ml cans or a 750ml bottle of ELB Imperial Stout.
    THAT is the way forward!!
    I once had a four pint glass but managed to break it!

Bar four or five times a month when I go for a good session I generally don't have more than a pint's worth of units most days, which suits lockdown home drinking rather nicely. So I'm about the same though the craft cans can get to you a bit, probably the fizz transporting the alcohol through faster?

Point taken about crawling though, it really does give you a nice break. I can always drink more with fewer effects when crawling. Usually I'm out after 4 and into dangerous territory after 6 if I stay in the same place. Out and about that goes up to 6/7 - 8/9.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Usually I'm out after 4 and into dangerous territory after 6 if I stay in the same place.
    The folly of living close to The Nags.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields