Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is pub photography permissible during the lock down?

Default Is pub photography permissible during the lock down?

Is anyone else going out and photographing pubs during the lock down? It may seem a silly question, but I have been going out - as part of my daily exercise, to take the odd pub photograph, but you would be surprised at some of the looks I am getting - along the lines of, "you shouldn't be doing that." Every time I leave the house, I wear a mask and carry disposable gloves, if I need to do any shopping. I also observe the social distancing guidelines. And I am only out for a short space of time, not only am I getting much needed exercise, but I am helping to maintain my mental welbeing. So what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    Is anyone else going out and photographing pubs during the lock down? It may seem a silly question, but I have been going out - as part of my daily exercise, to take the odd pub photograph, but you would be surprised at some of the looks I am getting - along the lines of, "you shouldn't be doing that." Every time I leave the house, I wear a mask and carry disposable gloves, if I need to do any shopping. I also observe the social distancing guidelines. And I am only out for a short space of time, not only am I getting much needed exercise, but I am helping to maintain my mental welbeing. So what is the problem?
    Don't see any problem with it at all ,I've taken quite a few in the last month, I'm still working and luckily able to get out and about on deliveries so seizing opportunities as they arise,
    ( even if I am bending the rules slightly).
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Sadly situations like this can bring out the best, Captain Tom Moore, and the curtain twitching worst in people. It's a sad aspect of British life that some people are never happier than when feeling self-righteous or being pompous (see the Chief Constables of Northamptonshire and Greater Manchester Police etc), you think the British would never put up with a police state? Think again, some people would be are over joyed at the chance to shop their neighbours.

This is my interpretation and that's all it is as the guidelines are not precise. As long as you're not in the way of other people when taking the pic I can't see any problem at all. It sounds like you're not doing that. Driving around in a car or motor bike would be another matter as it would clearly be an unnecessary journey. I don't wear a mask or gloves as I have no cold symptoms. I've got some bandanas in case face covering becomes compulsory when I can become "The Man With No Name".

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Sadly situations like this can bring out the best, Captain Tom Moore, and the curtain twitching worst in people. It's a sad aspect of British life that some people are never happier than when feeling self-righteous or being pompous (see the Chief Constables of Northamptonshire and Greater Manchester Police etc), you think the British would never put up with a police state? Think again, some people would be are over joyed at the chance to shop their neighbours.
    People who shop their neighbours are the lowest of the low. That goes for anyone who is joining in the latest past time of snitching on people.

People who shop their neighbours are the lowest of the low. That goes for anyone who is joining in the latest past time of snitching on people.
    Surely it depends on what they are up to? If they are having a party or barbecue with no regard to the guidelines then why should they be allowed to get away with it? It's not happened to me but I don't have Donald J Trump as a neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Surely it depends on what they are up to? If they are having a party or barbecue with no regard to the guidelines then why should they be allowed to get away with it? It's not happened to me but I don't have Donald J Trump as a neighbour.
    I should have been a little more measured, with my response to Old Boot's post. What I meant to say was some people are tittle tattling about minor infringements like someone leaving their house, more than once a day ect.
    I think this lock down is beginning to get to people, common sense is going out of the window. Today, I needed to pop into a shop to buy a few items, I had to walk onto a main road to avoid two people that were talking to each other, they would not get out of the way. So much for social distancing! Anyway rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've got some bandanas in case face covering becomes compulsory when I can become "The Man With No Name".
    Not sure how that's going to fit in with the surveillance society we've allowed to happen.

I should have been a little more measured, with my response to Old Boot's post. What I meant to say was some people are tittle tattling about minor infringements like someone leaving their house, more than once a day ect.
    I think this lock down is beginning to get to people, common sense is going out of the window. Today, I needed to pop into a shop to buy a few items, I had to walk onto a main road to avoid two people that were talking to each other, they would not get out of the way. So much for social distancing! Anyway rant over.
    I suspected that was the way you felt. I remember you posting about the Cheltenham Festival and in hindsight you were definitely right. I think you're entitled to rant! I spend a lot of the day feeling like that bloke in Clockwork Orange listening to Alex warbling in the bathroom above!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Not sure how that's going to fit in with the surveillance society we've allowed to happen.
    It is a film reference not a general statement!