I have been to probably less pubs than most on here but going back a few years some pubs stand out for a specific reason .Usually its quite a minor thing but it sticks in your mind even in my case 40 odd years.Here are a couple of mine
I went for a weeks holiday to Boscombe in 1976 the hottest year on record.Opposite our bed and breakfast was

The Seagull- they were serving Brickwoods beers a brewery I had never heard of and it was good.So good I got hammered. The beer pump had a clear barrel shape thing with the beer in it and as he pulled the hand pump it poured into the glass is another thing that sticks out.

Another pub on that holiday was the Fox Inn Corfe Castle a quaint old pub with beer poured straight from the barrel.Must have been decent but cant remember but do remember the old landlord.A guy come in and politely asked do they do lager.The old Dorset landlord told him they do not do none of this new fangled beer only ale.The guy left and the landlord started ranting about Londoners coming down here with there new fangled ideas about beer.
Remember it like yesterday although I am not sure what I did yesterday.
Any thoughts on this subject.