Visit the a swift one site

This weekend sees 'Thurstyfest' 2 at the Rose & Crown at Thurstonland, and if last years festival was anything to go by, should be an event well worth visiting.

The festival promises 56 beers 'from around the realm', ciders, a hog roast and live music. The pub is allied to the Brass Monkey brewery should their beers be your thing.

It is not the easiest place to get to however. The closest railway station is Stocksmoor but involves a fairly arduous uphill walk to the pub. May be the easiest way is to use Huddersfield Bus Co service 341 from Huddersfield bus station which leaves at 1120,1250,1420 and every 90 minutes to Thurstonland, returning to Town at 1203,1333 etc. with a journey time of 30 minutes or so,and continues with these timings through the evening. The Sunday service leaves at 1245 and 2 hourly thereafter, returning at 1323, 1523 etc,with the last service back being 1923 hrs. K Line runs an hourly service from 1215 daily from Honley Rail Station returning 1225 etc to Honley Station, their service 911 (but no Sunday service). There is also a free bus put on by the festival running from St Georges Sq and the Lockwood pub but at the moment I am unaware of the timings.

The festival itself has been extended this year to start at 1200 noon on Friday and run all weeekend, which is good for those of us who have other commitments on Saturdays !!!

(Thanks to Hutch for pointing out me that there is a bus to Thurstonland, when I thought there wasn't.)

More...