Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where would you be drinking right now?

Default Where would you be drinking right now?

I am sure we have all cancelled plans due to the current restrictions so I thought it might be interesting to see what we would be doing.

I should have been in Bristol for a long weekend to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday.

I feel terrible for her, she was looking forward to buying her first legal drink (and buying me one!)

I am a salmon !!

Where I am now! I don't like going out locally on Friday evenings as it's too busy. Weekdays afternoons suit me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Where I am now! I don't like going out locally on Friday evenings as it's too busy. Weekdays afternoons suit me fine.
    More than likely The Dancing Man in Southampton as we would have been stopping nearby for 3 nights before a 15 night cruise on Sunday.

Fridays recently had become my exploring day, a good chance of finding pubs open in smaller places but not as busy as a Saturday. Normally it would have been somewhere served by Northern or Transpennine Trains, going north in the countryside is / was best tackled by bus. Much of the exotic North was on my list; Thorne, the Huddersfield - Manchester Line, Stokesley & Great Ayton, ah romantic sounding places I know. Maybe one day I’ll get to see them, once the great plague has gone.
    Last edited by oldboots; 10-04-2020 at 23:02.

Well,I would have been indoors tonight:beer, home made curry and Gardeners World. Tomorrow The Black Dog as it should have been our first Farmers Market of the Season.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I was going to the Luton v Barnsley match. I had train tickets via Doncaster and Kings Cross, in the hope of missing the Barnsley fans, who would normally travel via Sheffield and Leicester on the St Pancras line. I had a couple of pubs in London lined up before catching a train to Luton for the 3pm kick-off, followed by a couple of celebratory pints in the Bricklayers Arms. Then a train into London again and then back to Sheffield from St Pancras. I'd got some good deals, too. Sheffield to Kings Cross £17.85; St Pancras to Sheffield £14.85; London to Luton return £7.35. OK, it's still an expensive day out - that's why I go (I went...) to more away games than home. All due to be refunded now, of course. I'd have been back in Sheffield by 20:47, so probably a beer in the Sheffield Tap and then home.
    Come On You Hatters!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Normally stay in on a Friday ready for a Saturday pass from Mrs O , for Pub ,Football ,Pub more Pub so probally where i am now , on the setee half way down my 2nd bottle of Red watching weird and wonderfull stuff on Youtube or dodgy streams on Bitchute that i dont want to pay for on History Channel
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Horse racing at Musselburgh today then a trip to London next week
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

I'm supposed to be flying out to Sicily this afternoon, so I guess in this particular alternative universe, I would be drinking some sort of local beer in a bar in Catania this evening.

This Space For Hire

Probably The Drapers Arms then move onto The Crown.