Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Have we done films yet?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I don't think Trainspotting has been mentioned. I found it very dark and rather depressing but so was Clockwork Orange!
    Trainspotting is probably the only cinematic adjective applied to pubs though I have described some pubs as being a bit Silence of the Lambs (Lecter's prison cell and surroundings).

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Trainspotting is probably the only cinematic adjective applied to pubs though I have described some pubs as being a bit Silence of the Lambs (Lecter's prison cell and surroundings).
    Iv'e been in a few pubs that were a bit "Deliverance".
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

and I've been in quite a few Slaughtered Lambs from American Werewolf in London fame ....and described them as such

What was that pub in Straw Dogs BTW
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 11-04-2020 at 19:16.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

Great film but just outside my top ten..Coincidently I came across the Trainspotting music cd today while sorting through some stuff.Never play cd,s now but some great tracks on it.The guy that wrote Trainspotting is a Scotsman and although I have tried to read 7 or 8 of his books I have rarely finished any as he makes by stomach churn with his filth.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

The Dreamers
    Ninotchka
    Grand Hotel
    Notorious
    Lolita (1962)
    Amélie
    Good Bye Lenin
    Quadrophenia
    Lost In Translation
    This Is England
    Trainspotting

Not exactly a list of my favourite films (although there certainly are some contenders here), but how about this for a great run of motion pictures that just had to be watched on a big screen!

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
    Star Wars (1977)
    Apocalypse Now (1979)
    Alien (1979)
    The Blues Brothers (1980)
    Blade Runner (1982)
    Ghandi (1982)
    Fitzcaraldo (1982)
    The Killing Fields (1984)
    The Mission (1986)
    Cry Freedom (1987)

Nearly all of them stand the test of time too...

never found a pub that matched any in Withnail & I but I've sometimes felt like I was living it

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    never found a pub that matched any in Withnail & I but I've sometimes felt like I was living it
    It's here - The Tavistock - but re-boarded with a different name for the film. I walked past it in 2011 and made a note to photograph it, returning a few months later to find it demolished!

This Space For Hire

It's here - The Tavistock - but re-boarded with a different name for the film. I walked past it in 2011 and made a note to photograph it, returning a few months later to find it demolished!
    Used to drink in there when I lived off Ladbroke Grove.Do you remember the Firkin pub .Possibly the Frog and Firkin just off the Portobello rd or was that before your time?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Used to drink in there when I lived off Ladbroke Grove.Do you remember the Firkin pub .Possibly the Frog and Firkin just off the Portobello rd or was that before your time?
    I don't remember it though live between the Cock & Bottle and Metropolitan. I don't do that Portobello thing as it's full of the people (at least to the south) who I don't really care for. If I fancy a local drink I tend to walk over to Little Venice for their pubs.