Ads not shown when logged in
Page 49 of 428 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

http://news.aol.co.uk/weird-news/sto...tival/1860853/

This guy sounds a right little $h1t!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13863196

Eleven units per week? When I do go out, I can drink eleven units in an hour and a half. I shall continue to do so if my pension permits.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    No evidence is cited of course, yet another figure plucked out of the air. Perhaps they could tell us the comparative death rates between those over 65 who drink a pint a day and those who have two.

They don't seem to realise that the more preposterous these statements are the less notice people will take of them.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    No evidence is cited of course, yet another figure plucked out of the air. Perhaps they could tell us the comparative death rates between those over 65 who drink a pint a day and those who have two.

They don't seem to realise that the more preposterous these statements are the less notice people will take of them.
    I got as far as "Royal College of Psychiatrists" and took that as my hint to stop reading, I still don't believe it is a science.

Not really news of the day but, the outrage from Scottish and Welsh FA's has left me wondering if the Welsh FA are going to tell Swansea that they are not to play in the English Premiership?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I would have thought with all the hoo haa over extending pension age etc the Government would be please to give us oldies a few free pints daily, so we can pop off earlier & save on the pension deficit

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

Not really news of the day but, the outrage from Scottish and Welsh FA's has left me wondering if the Welsh FA are going to tell Swansea that they are not to play in the English Premiership?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Berwick_Rangers.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	568
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Hope your MP's don't read this as I am sure they must be debating ways to get oldies off the bill.

Third attempt at posting and may give up if I keep getting "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" every time I want top post something. I have always used post quick reply so cannot understand why it has become so frustrating to post now.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Hope your MP's don't read this as I am sure they must be debating ways to get oldies off the bill.

Third attempt at posting and may give up if I keep getting "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" every time I want top post something. I have always used post quick reply so cannot understand why it has become so frustrating to post now.
    To answer the question it is the new release of the forum software that is doing this. It is trying to save your posts so that if you lose it (I know a few of us have done this) it is recovered. In your case I am suspicious that the connection is slow and it is tripping over itself. In terms of what to do, I would say <ctrl> + <F5> if you have not already done it. Try clicking on yes when asked if you want to navigate away from the page. And possibly see how it is if you use Reply to thread rather than Quick Reply (let me know if this works, as I know it isn't ideal and we still need to get Quick Reply working for you).

Former Pubs Galore Coder