Ads not shown when logged in
Page 408 of 429 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4283

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I am going to go to Brighton probably this week and can get a cheaper train ticket if I go to Hove so logged in to check out the Watchmakers arms and it was the random pub of the day on the main page.Coincidence or spooky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Its a sign.
    Happened to me once. I logged on to check out a pub I intended to visit that evening and it was the one on the main page; I've been beset with bad luck ever since; a coincidence? I think not.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I am going to go to Brighton probably this week and can get a cheaper train ticket if I go to Hove so logged in to check out the Watchmakers arms and it was the random pub of the day on the main page.Coincidence or spooky.
    I'll be in Brighton Weds, probably getting ver ver drunk pre-match, surprised a tkt to Hove is cheaper than Brighton, I don't see that online atm...

This Space For Hire

£19 to Brighton but only £12 to Hove from East Croydon as I get free travel to there.Couple of pubs in Hove I want to tick so cushty although think I am am going to Bromley tomorrow so a change of plans.
    Last edited by london calling; 23-05-2023 at 20:07.

This Space For Hire

Otter Ales have invented a new category of beer and they are calling it Fresh Ale.It is brewed the same as a cask beer, filtered and gently carbonated then put into a keg.It lasts for two weeks rather than the 4 days for cask.New category?.Its fuck*NG keg.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

£19 to Brighton but only £12 to Hove from East Croydon as I get free travel to there.Couple of pubs in Hove I want to tick so cushty although think I am am going to Bromley tomorrow so a change of plans.
    Oh, ok, I don't see those prices, in fact looking now off peak rtn to Brighton is cheaper than Hove (£12.50 vs £16.50 with snr railcard). Not got time today but let us know your new ticks for next time. I will get to Hole in the Wall and Hope Poles today though, I think new to me...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I will get to Hole in the Wall and Hope Poles today though, I think new to me...
    You should enjoy those two Jim, particularly the H.I.T.W
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/tenterd...aproom-287270/

Not far from us! McCanns is a sub brand of Angels and Demons. They'll be using the Old Dairy brew kit I'm reliably informed. Not sure if the whole A and D operation will be moving over.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Otter Ales have invented a new category of beer and they are calling it Fresh Ale.It is brewed the same as a cask beer, filtered and gently carbonated then put into a keg.It lasts for two weeks rather than the 4 days for cask.New category?.Its fuck*NG keg.
    Isn't this just 'craft' keg by any other name? And no different from Fosters, just more expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Isn't this just 'craft' keg by any other name? And no different from Fosters, just more expensive?
    It has nothing to do with craft beer apart from trying to hitch a ride, straight keg more likely.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    It has nothing to do with craft beer apart from trying to hitch a ride, straight keg more likely.
    Worse than that, they are clearly trying to cash in on the "Drink Cask Fresh" campaign (which I have yet to see any evidence of in a pub).
    So how is stuff carbonated, chilled and served from a keg not keg beer? Quite amusing though that they use the descriptor 'fresh' and then explain it lasts longer!!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement