Ads not shown when logged in
Page 396 of 429 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4283

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire

I think this is just part of Brewdogs normal pattern.They open pubs ,see if they work and if not close them.They had a pub in Islington and one in Homerton that they closed and the one in Old St tried to be a low alcohol bar without much success.Wetherspoons have done the same.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    It's certainly going to a torrid 24 months - the price of fuel is only the half of it. Inflation has been coming because of the money that's been pumped into the economy for years alongside the out-of-control housing market. The Ukraine war has simply shoved the day of reckoning closer and turbo-charged it, especially since we've been cocking about not securing the generation of energy supplies within our own shores.

Interest rate hikes mean that people who could afford the cheapest fixed rate mortgages two years ago may well find they can't afford whatever the equivalent is when they come down off their current one in the next 18 months - hence why the BoE are terrified of pushing rates up quickly to where they really should be. This recession will have a long tail, I'm fully expecting several thousand pubs will go under and out of those less than several hundred will re-appear.

Decide which local pubs are the ones you can't live without and funnel your beer money towards them, cross your fingers and hope.
    I agree that this is the chickens coming home to roost of building an economy out of selling overpriced houses (and coffee) to each other.

We're both of the generation where some years house prices have gone up by more than our net salary earnt.

A lot of businesses have fixed price energy contracts running out in four weeks. They'll be needing to make decisions on rent and redundancies yesterday.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I think this is just part of Brewdogs normal pattern.They open pubs ,see if they work and if not close them.They had a pub in Islington and one in Homerton that they closed and the one in Old St tried to be a low alcohol bar without much success.Wetherspoons have done the same.
    Yes. BrewDog does seem a bit flighty, frequently testing the water.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I agree that this is the chickens coming home to roost of building an economy out of selling overpriced houses (and coffee) to each other.

We're both of the generation where some years house prices have gone up by more than our net salary earnt.

A lot of businesses have fixed price energy contracts running out in four weeks. They'll be needing to make decisions on rent and redundancies yesterday.
    The owner of the Fuggles beer cafe and bottle shop has written to his MP to see if the government can help the hospitality sector.HIs energy bill is 25k a year but his supplier has quoted 100k when he renews in April.He can't continue with those prices.He surveyed local hospitality businesses locally and
    All had increase their prices this year and 60%are going to increase again this year.50% have noticed a dip in trade already and all say their businesses are unvaible if the energy price increases by 4x.Sad to read but this is the reality of what's going to happen.If a micro pub and bottleshop can get a bill for 100k what will Wetherspoons be paying .

“ Beavertown has become the latest craft beer brewer to be”
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62806301.amp
    Last edited by hondo; 07-09-2022 at 17:42.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    “ Beavertown has become the latest craft beer brewer to be”
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62806301.amp
    Bye bye Beavertown. To be fair it was pretty much gone anyway.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Neck oil is a lovely pint and it's everywhere so that suits me.Best beer that I drank last week in Weymouth but maybe that speaks volumes about Weymouth.Lets see if the bean counters from Heiniken ruin it with cheaper or less malt and hops.

Lets see if the bean counters from Heiniken ruin it with cheaper or less malt and hops.
    I assume that's a rhetorical question...

This Space For Hire

Retired Martin completed the Camra Good beer guide.Amazingly difficult feat .As pub tickers we probably more than most can understand his achievement.Well done Martin
    Last edited by london calling; 10-09-2022 at 21:02.

Retired Martin completed the Camra Good beer guide.Amazingly difficult feat .As pub tickers we probably more than most can understand his achievement.Well done Martin
    Seconded.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields