Ads not shown when logged in
Page 321 of 426 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4259

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Now Black Sheep is much better than it used to be since a new brewer arrived, I had three pints of their best bitter yesterday in the depths of Nidderdale, lovely.
    Yup. I like Black Sheep, especially when it's served at The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Whitbread Fremlins Trophy,a grand beer when brewed in Faversham is no more,and hasn't been resurrected...
    Probably because its drinkers were killed off by it being served in such gigantic glasses!

Memory is fickle,and with Bass barely available in the Southeast, I'm not likely to find out. I'd like to try...and it's good that it is still available and a cause of controversy.
    It was on at The Pembroke during our crawl, maybe still, so if you're out that way...

What gets up my nose is that group of bloggers who hate micropubs, newer breweries and any beers not made with Maris Otter, Fuggles and Goldings. As a consequence they champion retreads of beers that really died years ago and try to con themselves and anyone who'll listen that the beers are still as good as they were in spite of being made with different ingredients by a different method in a different brewery as well as being managed differently in the cellar and served in a different way to the past.

Still it's their choice and they'll never convince me to limit the range of what I drink.
    I don't know of anyone, blogger or otherwise, whose aim is to get someone to limit the extent of their experience of different styles. I think you're confusing them with advertising!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It was meant to be irreverent rather than spiteful, so that went well!
    Must try harder! (Or you could try using one or two emoticons. 😁)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I don't know of anyone, blogger or otherwise, whose aim is to get someone to limit the extent of their experience of different styles. I think you're confusing them with advertising!
    Oh I can think of several who would be quite pleased if the beer landscape was the same as the 1970s and dearly want the rest of us to agree with them.

Oh I can think of several who would be quite pleased if the beer landscape was the same as the 1970s and dearly want the rest of us to agree with them.
    If you're including Mudgie in that , I've had him in BrewDog before now on the Elvis Juice. Not sure he will repeat the experience though.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Loughborough tmw on the £15rtn EMR deal, a couple of targets mentioned Bass and certainly one of the company will be delighted if that's the case.

https://imbibe.com/news/bitter-is-back/ Hasn't been gone, for those of us not in the bubble.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    (Or you could try using one or two emoticons. 😁)
    That's akin to asking me to participate in the production of a selfie!
    I do have a mobile phone but it doesn't take pictures or support "apps".
    It annoys me intensely when so many organisations assume you have one and that it is "smart". I've only got a mobile phone because I inherited it after my father passed away. !

https://imbibe.com/news/bitter-is-back/ Hasn't been gone, for those of us not in the bubble.
    I'm probably in some sort of bubble but I'm not sure what it is!
    BBBs are currently unfashionable but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of good ones around. The problem is that there is one very poor dominant one that with marketing stunts has come to dominate the market. Sadly marketing and advertising seems to influence enough gullible people to make it worthwhile.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    It was on at The Pembroke during our crawl, maybe still, so if you're out that way...
    Certainly is!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement