Ads not shown when logged in
Page 282 of 426 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...omers-16046598

While I totally applaud his decision (I'd go further than just barring them), I fear that the public (apart from me) won't be on his side.
    While admitting to using my phone as a device to record and rate beers and general ambience, I do find over enthusiastic use offputting.However,there are times and places where an unobtrusive phone is acceptable.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    So how far would you go exactly?

I would precede barring them for life by smashing their device to bits with a hammer. Don't worry, I've never been a pub landlord and almost certainly never will be! I should add that my main gripe is with phone zombies who you daily see everywhere.

This Space For Hire

I take it someone sitting enjoying a pint and reading the paper is to be applauded, but someone enjoying a pint and reading the same content on their phone gets to go to a special place in hell once they've endured medieval torture?

Looks like it's the latter for me.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 01-04-2019 at 08:18.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

It would appear The Humph is on a bit of a roll at the moment. I've just read on a Yorkshire Pubs Facebook page that he is to introduce poly-carbonate glasses into all Sam Smith's pubs, as a cost cutting exercise. It didn't go down well. An initial Google search didn't bring up any further info, but I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    It would appear The Humph is on a bit of a roll at the moment. I've just read on a Yorkshire Pubs Facebook page that he is to introduce poly-carbonate glasses into all Sam Smith's pubs, as a cost cutting exercise. It didn't go down well. An initial Google search didn't bring up any further info, but I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time.
    That would be a step too far.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I remembered the date shortly afterwards. It could be a case of hook, line and sinker. However, with Mr Humphrey, who knows?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

XXXX
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

April fools prank apparently.

I remembered the date shortly afterwards. It could be a case of hook, line and sinker. However, with Mr Humphrey, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    April fools prank apparently.
    I realised about 20 minutes after I'd submitted the post! Still wiping the egg off my face. The fact I couldn't find any other mention with a Google search should have set alarm bells ringing. But, as I mentioned, with The Humph just about anything is believable.

I realised about 20 minutes after I'd submitted the post! Still wiping the egg off my face.
    Nice one, Andy!
    Come On You Hatters!