Ads not shown when logged in
Page 275 of 359 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3588

Thread: Random news of the day

  1. #2741
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    An additional service not mentioned in the entry for this pub


    https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1736...n/?ref=mr&lp=7
    Apparently a common service in the darker corners of Victorian pubs, cost 2d hence the old saying about not giving a tuppenny toss.

  2. #2742
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Ancient ale:https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...uk-road-scheme My stepson starts work there on Monday!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  3. #2743
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Ancient ale:https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...uk-road-scheme My stepson starts work there on Monday!
    Nothing like a bit of cask conditioning.

  4. #2744
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  5. #2745
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Hogs Back have been around for over 25 years now and apart from a 9% barley wine called A over T have never found their beers all that exciting. I would go as far as calling their TEA a BBB. A few years ago they were pushing their bottles through Wetherspoons but that died a death. I can see the same happening with their keg range unless they've radically changed the recipes.

  6. #2746
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Locked Down in Hampshire
    Posts
    4,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I would go as far as calling their TEA a BBB.
    I have to agree.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  7. #2747
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Hogs Back have been around for over 25 years now and apart from a 9% barley wine called A over T have never found their beers all that exciting. I would go as far as calling their TEA a BBB. A few years ago they were pushing their bottles through Wetherspoons but that died a death. I can see the same happening with their keg range unless they've radically changed the recipes.
    Used to buy their bottled TEA until they went and filtered it. Like what they're doing with the hop garden , mind.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  8. #2748
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Surprised to see this opposite Norwood Bus Garage when waiting for a bus Sat...
    Not one for the lovers of architecture but, hey, local beer..! Not tried it yet but had a quick chat...

    WN.jpg

    https://www.secondwavebrewing.com/
    Last edited by trainman; 26-02-2019 at 11:34.

  9. #2749
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Locked Down in Hampshire
    Posts
    4,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Surprised to see this opposite Norwood Bus Garage when waiting for a bus Sat...
    Not one for the lovers of architecture but, hey, local beer..! Not tried it yet but had a quick chat...

    WN.jpg

    https://www.secondwavebrewing.com/
    Got to give it a go.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  10. #2750
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Surprised to see this opposite Norwood Bus Garage when waiting for a bus Sat...
    Not one for the lovers of architecture but, hey, local beer..! Not tried it yet but had a quick chat...

    WN.jpg

    https://www.secondwavebrewing.com/
    Hold your horses.Its just a unit with no brewing equipment.Some benches ,a couple of kegs and some bottles.Local beer,fraid not brewed for the moment at Black Wolf brewery in Scotland.

Similar Threads

  1. a swift one - Good News and Bad News
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 06:17
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 07:14
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-05-2010, 09:03
  4. Random beer news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 07:28
  5. Random Corrections
    By PubWatcher002 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 14:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •