Ads not shown when logged in
Page 259 of 426 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

I think Sir James Munby may be drunk, or stupid.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

It's not just courts...
    Meetings of a parish council shall be held at such place, either within or without their area, as they may direct, but shall not be held in premises which at the time of such a meeting may, by virtue of a premises licence or temporary event notice under the Licensing Act 2003, be used for the supply of alcohol (within the meaning of section 14 of that Act) unless no other suitable room is available either free of charge or at a reasonable cost.

It's usually difficult to get people to stand for parish councils, so perhaps lifting this restriction might help in some places?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    It's not just courts...
    Meetings of a parish council shall be held at such place, either within or without their area, as they may direct, but shall not be held in premises which at the time of such a meeting may, by virtue of a premises licence or temporary event notice under the Licensing Act 2003, be used for the supply of alcohol (within the meaning of section 14 of that Act) unless no other suitable room is available either free of charge or at a reasonable cost.

It's usually difficult to get people to stand for parish councils, so perhaps lifting this restriction might help in some places?
    I was on our parish council for twelve years: in all that time I was the only one who went to the pub afterwards,or if they did, they went somewhere else and didn't tell me!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Since most of our parish councillors spend more time in The Rusty Axe than they do sitting, it might be an improvement.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Since most of our parish councillors spend more time in The Rusty Axe than they do sitting, it might be an improvement.
    Join, and show them how it should be done!

Join, and show them how it should be done!
    Funny you should say that...
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

That's because most none mass produced lagers brands taste like hoppy crap that you couldn't drink more than a couple of pints of. Nothing from ale brewers attempts at lager tastes nice to me there is a taste of ming to it. A poorly kept Carlsberg that makes you throw up is a nicer taste than some brewery's attempts at lager and that's saying something.

That's not to say just calling it Premium will make it taste any different though.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 07-08-2018 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    That's because most none mass produced lagers brands taste like hoppy crap that you couldn't drink more than a couple of pints of. Nothing from ale brewers attempts at lager tastes nice to me there is a taste of ming to it. A poorly kept Carlsberg that makes you throw up is a nicer taste than some brewery's attempts at lager and that's saying something.

That's not to say just calling it Premium will make it taste any different though.
    I'll second that, that Schihallion is meant to be a great cask lager but it tastes absolutely vile rather like those 1970s attempts like Hall & Woodhouse Brock or numerous potions with German sounding names. Give me a nice Augustiner any day.

This Space For Hire

Camden-hells is a great lager and is better than a poorly kept Carlsberg that makes you throw up. Of that I am confident.