Ads not shown when logged in
Page 225 of 428 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 4277

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Nah, Fuggles and Goldings suit me fine.
    Like I said before:

This idea that new world hops are good and English hops are bad is just misguided. Piling loads and loads of hops into the brew just ends up making beer that tastes like fruit juice. Grapefruit, lemon, passion fruit, lychee. The other night I had a beer that tasted like clementines. Give me a beer that tastes like beer! (Discuss.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Nah, Fuggles and Goldings suit me fine.
    And Admiral, Boadicea, Bramling Cross, Cascade, Challenger, EKG, Endeavour, First Gold, Northdown, Phoenix, Pilgrim, Pilot, Pioneer, Progress, Sovereign, Sussex, Target, WGV... and Maris Otter malting barley "a variety recognised in the industry as being the best malting barley available to produce high quality beers with great taste." I'm staying home!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    And Admiral, Boadicea, Bramling Cross, Cascade, Challenger, EKG, Endeavour, First Gold, Northdown, Phoenix, Pilgrim, Pilot, Pioneer, Progress, Sovereign, Sussex, Target, WGV... and Maris Otter malting barley "a variety recognised in the industry as being the best malting barley available to produce high quality beers with great taste." I'm staying home!
    Travel broadens the mind.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Like I said before:

This idea that new world hops are good and English hops are bad is just misguided. Piling loads and loads of hops into the brew just ends up making beer that tastes like fruit juice. Grapefruit, lemon, passion fruit, lychee. The other night I had a beer that tasted like clementines. Give me a beer that tastes like beer! (Discuss.)
    The other night I had Hophead (mosaic) it tasted like heaven.

Like I said before:

Great way to get your five a day.

Grapefruit, lemon, passion fruit, lychee. The other night I had a beer that tasted like clementines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuck Phat View Post
    Great way to get your five a day.

If only it was that easy!
    Come On You Hatters!

If only it was that easy!
    It is, not sure if it works though.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'm not averse to a beer with a mix of hops including British ones to give the underlying bitterness in the liquid. The main problem is that some breweries don't throw enough of them in, OK for a mild but nothing else.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm not averse to a beer with a mix of hops including British ones to give the underlying bitterness in the liquid. The main problem is that some breweries don't throw enough of them in, OK for a mild but nothing else.
    You are so right.I went to a beerfest a few years ago and they printed the hops that went into every beer.I was gobsmacked to find loads of bland beer.Its not the type of hops that make good beer its the quantity whether English or foreign.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm not sure what goes into my current BOTY-Kent Session PA,but it meets my criteria of being tastey and not too strong for regular consumption.I wish brewers would regularly list their hops and malt. Some do, many don't.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.