Ads not shown when logged in
Page 219 of 427 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4269

Thread: Random news of the day

what was the cider tap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cy7-kGlW8AAKtZf.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	1424  
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    what was the cider tap
    I only stuck my head in Cider Tap once but thought it had a better layout than Euston Tap, with at least the appearance of more space. The attached looks like a redesign that will reverse that advantage..?

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I only stuck my head in Cider Tap once but thought it had a better layout than Euston Tap, with at least the appearance of more space. The attached looks like a redesign that will reverse that advantage..?
    Yes, the Cider Tap had a much better layout, but it looks from that photo that they've made the servery smaller than in the original Euston Tap and therefore have room for some proper ground floor seating.

Does anyone know what the new bar is called? It's been listed on PuG as The Euston Tap East Lodge, so should the other bar be renamed The Euston Tap West Lodge? Or should one listing be removed and the two bars listed as part of the same venue?

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Does anyone know what the new bar is called? It's been listed on PuG as The Euston Tap East Lodge, so should the other bar be renamed The Euston Tap West Lodge? Or should one listing be removed and the two bars listed as part of the same venue?
    I did the renaming last night, based on something I read on their twitter feed. It might be better to revert to Cider Tap and leave it closed, with the original Euston Tap then continuing but incorporating both venues. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
    Come On You Hatters!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tap.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	1425
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I did the renaming last night, based on something I read on their twitter feed. It might be better to revert to Cider Tap and leave it closed, with the original Euston Tap then continuing but incorporating both venues. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
    It might be quite useful to maintain two map points as there is quite a distance across a very busy roadway between the two "taps".Whether the operator tries to differentiate each site may then lead to the need to have seperate listings. However if you were arranging to meet someone at one of these sites,a seperate name may just develop by common custom....it is probably a bit early to judge .Personally at this time I prefer the current situation with two listings with different names , both being marked as open.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 07-12-2016 at 13:16.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Yes, the Cider Tap had a much better layout, but it looks from that photo that they've made the servery smaller than in the original Euston Tap and therefore have room for some proper ground floor seating.
    Seating at the expense of bar access..? Hondo's later aerial photo shows how difficult it may be to reach the bar, especially if they keep those stools at the main approach point...

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Personally at this time I prefer the current situation with two listings with different names , both being marked as open.
    Although I'm unlikely to ever visit either I agree with this purely on principle. If they are different buildings then they are different pubs whatever the owner's wishes may be.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Seating at the expense of bar access..? Hondo's later aerial photo shows how difficult it may be to reach the bar, especially if they keep those stools at the main approach point...
    One of my pet hates and one guaranteed to make my blood boil if I come across it. Wetherspoons learnt this lesson around twenty years ago and very few have stools at the bar.

This Space For Hire

Two pubs two ticks are better than one.