Ads not shown when logged in
Page 215 of 428 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4275

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    OK,the list is far from exhaustive, but there is some decent info, on eight breweries, in this article from local events mag Leeds List.

https://leeds-list.com/food-and-drin...-in-yorkshire/
    I don't know the last two on the list but the former six do not exactly set my pulse racing. (I have been accused of being a beer snob in the past though).
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I don't know the last two on the list but the former six do not exactly set my pulse racing. (I have been accused of being a beer snob in the past though).
    You are probably right about the brewers but you should try Brass Castle again as they are a very good brewer.imo. I am sure they have appeared in BOTW.Had only one beer from North on keg and it was so-so.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    OK,the list is far from exhaustive, but there is some decent info, on eight breweries, in this article from local events mag Leeds List.

https://leeds-list.com/food-and-drin...-in-yorkshire/
    An old fart reminisces: I remember when you didn't pay to go on a brewery tour, and you got silly as a rook in the sample room afterwards:none of this thirds malarky.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    An old fart reminisces: I remember when you didn't pay to go on a brewery tour, and you got silly as a rook in the sample room afterwards:none of this thirds malarky.
    Ditto! Some used to provide copious quantities of food as well. Sadly roughly half of the breweries I've visited have closed.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    You are probably right about the brewers but you should try Brass Castle again as they are a very good brewer.imo. I am sure they have appeared in BOTW.Had only one beer from North on keg and it was so-so.
    Had a couple of bad beers from them lately -diacetyl

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Sadly roughly half of the breweries I've visited have closed.
    Probably just coincidence, rather than cause and effect.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Probably just coincidence, rather than cause and effect.
    Definitely! I'm going back a long way when in the 1970a Ruddles provided a huge buffet in the Sun at Cottesmore and in the 1990s McMullens provided a sit down meal. Anyone remember Paines of St Neots? Their beer was usually crap even then let alone in today's climate. The two I miss the most are King & Barnes and Brakspear but I must mention Young's even though they did start trashing their pubs in the late 1970s (the Windmill on Clapham Common springs to mind). The one I most wanted to go to but didn't was Adnam's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Anyone remember Paines of St Neots? Their beer was usually crap even then let alone in today's climate.
    I rather enjoyed Paines-it reminded me of midland rivers-deep and mysterious. Mind you, the long journey from Norwich via Cambridge and the double decker buses probably added to the experience. The brewery visit that I most enjoyed was to the former Carlisle State brewery when it was briefly owned by T and R Theakston. I think the beer consumed was a Theakston's recipe, rather than a Carlisle State, but it was highly drinkeable in a northern manner, though I rather think it was on gravity dispense. At that time, even poor Theakston's knocked Scottish and Newcastle into a cocked hat.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Only been on one brewery tour to Windsor and Eton brewery organised by my then local and the beer on cask was free.It was warm and terrible. Fled to the nearest pub serving their beer and got a couple of great condition pints.This was the first year they opened so might be better now.

This Space For Hire

Tell a lie.Iwas also at a brewery tour in a theme park in Florida.They gave us a blind tasting of their bottled brewery fresh beer and one that had been kept in a warm oven overnight.I picked the oven fresh beer. It was Anheuser Busch so I think I can be forgiven.
    Last edited by london calling; 14-09-2016 at 21:10.