Ads not shown when logged in
Page 206 of 428 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 4277

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Does this over-rated organisation need any more free publicity? Twat and Dickhead run a brewery that provides their beer to Spoons and supermarkets so what is "niche" about that? I've never been in one of their bars but have seen the extortionate price list which explains why. How long before they succumb to a global abomination with the resultant crowd funding issues hanging over them?

Over-rated organization? I would say 30 odd bars plus 15 overseas,580 employees and a trading profit of 5.5m last year is pretty good going from small beginnings,they may think they're twats, and you don't have to like their beer, but they seem to be doing something right so far.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Over-rated organization? I would say 30 odd bars plus 15 overseas,580 employees and a trading profit of 5.5m last year is pretty good going from small beginnings,they may think they're twats, and you don't have to like their beer, but they seem to be doing something right so far.
    Do they think they are twats? I hope so! They are just one of many companies that have hauled in followers through marketing gimmickry and extortionate pricing and what does happen to the crowd funding money if they do sell out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Do they think they are twats? I hope so! They are just one of many companies that have hauled in followers through marketing gimmickry and extortionate pricing and what does happen to the crowd funding money if they do sell out?
    Sorry that should have read - you may think they're twats- , personally I like their beer and think they have a very successful business at present, time will tell if they eventually sell out ,I haven't been twatish enough to hand any cash over in a crowd funding scheme, only over the bar.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

They like me are Scottish.Shortbread.haggis ,deepfried mars bars,whisky and Brewdog.Whats not to like. If you really only like cask there are 1700 other breweries who do cask on a hit and miss basis.They did do cask when they first opened and their beers were good on cask but their success up to now is due to getting rid of it.

I've nothing against their beer as I believe that Tesco Finest Double American IPA is theirs and it's a great product. What I object to is their arrogant marketing, rip-off prices and the fact that they slammed the door on cask without any explanation or reason other than the ridiculous prices they can charge for keg.
    I don't have any axe to grind with Scotland other than their beer prices are too high, shortbread and deep fried Mars bars. As I noted elsewhere haggis with a liberal covering of Tabasco sauce is superb.

This Space For Hire

I've nothing against their beer as I believe that Tesco Finest Double American IPA is theirs and it's a great product. What I object to is their arrogant marketing, rip-off prices and the fact that they slammed the door on cask without any explanation or reason other than the ridiculous prices they can charge for keg.
    I don't have any axe to grind with Scotland other than their beer prices are too high, shortbread and deep fried Mars bars. As I noted elsewhere haggis with a liberal covering of Tabasco sauce is superb.
    They stopped cask beer because its hit and miss whether a pub can sell it quick enough to keep it in good condition.Any cask brewery in Britain has the same worries about their beer.My local had a cask of Brewdog which they struggled to sell but they kept it on for about a week and it was rancid.The govnor said it was rubbish beer but it was one of their highest rated at the time. If you like haggis your alright imo.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    They stopped cask beer because its hit and miss whether a pub can sell it quick enough to keep it in good condition.Any cask brewery in Britain has the same worries about their beer.My local had a cask of Brewdog which they struggled to sell but they kept it on for about a week and it was rancid.The govnor said it was rubbish beer but it was one of their highest rated at the time. If you like haggis your alright imo.
    Its alright in small dose's, haggis that is.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    They stopped cask beer because its hit and miss whether a pub can sell it quick enough to keep it in good condition.
    Thousands of other pubs manage to do it successfully so why can't they? Maybe their staff are incompetent or poorly trained.

This Space For Hire

Should there be a crusade to save British pubs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35917816