Ads not shown when logged in
Page 200 of 429 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 4281

Thread: Random news of the day

I'll stay on me own

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Default Are craft beers seling out to your supermarket?

An article originally broadcast on Radio 4's You and Yours 27th November 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p039sh1b
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    I would have included this one. Like the Clachaig Inn it's a climber's & walker's pub at the lower end of the Llanberis Pass. Also like the Clachaig when it eventually stops raining the views are superb. The picture I submitted to the site is over 35 years old, the two pine trees are no longer there. This was after one of them snapped like a matchstick in an overnight gale and crashed through the roof of the pub. Nobody was hurt, more by luck than anything. Soon after they cut the other tree down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I would have included this one. Like the Clachaig Inn it's a climber's & walker's pub at the lower end of the Llanberis Pass. Also like the Clachaig when it eventually stops raining the views are superb. The picture I submitted to the site is over 35 years old, the two pine trees are no longer there. This was after one of them snapped like a matchstick in an overnight gale and crashed through the roof of the pub. Nobody was hurt, more by luck than anything. Soon after they cut the other tree down.
    It also has a carpark and campsite attached (or did last time I went there) and is a really good place to land when you arrive by motorcycle in the early hours after an emotional ride along the A5 (in pre-M54 days anyway) having left the South coast on a whim without checking the weather. Not sure if they still do the cooked breakfast and late-night lock-ins, but you're well set up for a day's walking in the hills regardless. I would have been using this place regularly around the time Aqualung's pic was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    It also has a carpark and campsite attached (or did last time I went there) and is a really good place to land when you arrive by motorcycle in the early hours after an emotional ride along the A5 (in pre-M54 days anyway) having left the South coast on a whim without checking the weather. Not sure if they still do the cooked breakfast and late-night lock-ins, but you're well set up for a day's walking in the hills regardless. I would have been using this place regularly around the time Aqualung's pic was taken.
    I thought the campsite was at the farm across the road rather than the pub. I suspect the breakfasts went when Pete's Eats in Llanberis opened. I don't remember many lock ins apart from when the Landlord was in the mood and a few of the locals agreed to sing the songs that you still hear at the Rugby (Sosban Bach, Land of My Fathers etc).

"At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

"is brewing an Imperial Milk Stout and a Dunkelweisse"
    http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/D...wers-nailed-it
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Pub warned after DJ played Peppa Pig theme tune when police officers walked in.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...layed-10576378
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

"At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Strange article that as Shamblemoose stopped brewing at the start of the year and have according to twitter moved to Montana to open a brewery.