Ads not shown when logged in
Page 183 of 427 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4268

Thread: Random news of the day

Festivals

Our favourite online daily is at it again...
    Last edited by ETA; 15-05-2015 at 14:46.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I personally find Meantime beers lacking In flavour with a few exceptions and have stopped buying their beer.The Wetherspoon pub in St Albans recently had Meantime -chocolate beer at £2.99 a bottle and I was sorely tempted to buy it.Instead had a fried breakfast for about the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I personally find Meantime beers lacking In flavour with a few exceptions and have stopped buying their beer.The Wetherspoon pub in St Albans recently had Meantime -chocolate beer at £2.99 a bottle and I was sorely tempted to buy it.Instead had a fried breakfast for about the same price.
    Good choice I suspect. I have never tried a Meantime beer as I can't be bothered with micros that just concentrate on bottles and keg. Camden are another brewery I make a point of avoiding due to their heavy handed behaviour over beer names used by other micros.
    I dare say that the global abomination that took them over will reduce all of their products to their own level of mediocrity.
    Does anyone know about the story of Antic's takeover of Clarence & Fredericks? The problem with Antic pubs for me is that the majority of them don't open until 16:00 on weekdays.

Default Caveat emptor (for BrewDog and Camden Town investors, if not SABMiller / Meantime)...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Good choice I suspect. I have never tried a Meantime beer as I can't be bothered with micros that just concentrate on bottles and keg. Camden are another brewery I make a point of avoiding due to their heavy handed behaviour over beer names used by other micros.
    I dare say that the global abomination that took them over will reduce all of their products to their own level of mediocrity.
    Does anyone know about the story of Antic's takeover of Clarence & Fredericks? The problem with Antic pubs for me is that the majority of them don't open until 16:00 on weekdays.
    Antic have bought the Clarence and Fredericks brewery which has ceased trading .Antic have re-named it the Volden brewery.New brewers are brewing the beer and I tried the first one last week which is called Vim3.8. Found it a brown boring with a strange aftertaste.Can only improve hopefully.Beer was on in at least 3 Antic pubs last week.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Antic have bought the Clarence and Fredericks brewery which has ceased trading .Antic have re-named it the Volden brewery.New brewers are brewing the beer and I tried the first one last week which is called Vim3.8. Found it a brown boring with a strange aftertaste.Can only improve hopefully.Beer was on in at least 3 Antic pubs last week.
    Thanks for that info. I wondered more what the background was to the takeover as I thought C&F were doing some good beers. Were they unviable or did they take the money and run and are the original people still brewing?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Thanks for that info. I wondered more what the background was to the takeover as I thought C&F were doing some good beers. Were they unviable or did they take the money and run and are the original people still brewing?
    A comment on their Facebook suggests they couldn't devote the time and energy to it that they wanted to.

" so it’s high time for The Cocks to "
    http://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/animal..._pub_1_4079279
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    " so it’s high time for The Cocks to "
    http://www.hertsad.co.uk/news/animal..._pub_1_4079279
    It's not 1 April already is it?