Ads not shown when logged in
Page 170 of 374 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3740

Thread: Random news of the day

  1. #1691
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBW View Post
    Thank you so much for this. I absolutely love pork scratchings, I sometimes struggle with just how bad they are for you but I soon get over it!
    I have same problem, as does my vegetarian son in law, somethings are just too tasty to worry about, in moderation of course

    My local traditional butcher does his own pork scratchings, which I have never tried, but I feel a need for Christmas
    I drink to make others more interesting

  2. #1692
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I have same problem, as does my vegetarian son in law, somethings are just too tasty to worry about, in moderation of course

    My local traditional butcher does his own pork scratchings, which I have never tried, but I feel a need for Christmas
    Go for it
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #1693
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Apologies if this has already been posted (btw, I am not a Daily Snail regular...)

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...abide-bar.html

  4. #1694
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,916
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #1695
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Another example of them going in the right diretion. Maybe there's hope for them yet.

  6. #1696
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Seen on a hand written placard along the A262 in Kent: "Fuggles are for life not just Christmas". An admirable sentiment, but I'm not 100% sure that it refers to hops. Serendipitiuosly,I returned home to read a lenghty article by Martin Cornell about the origins of this noble hop.http://t.co/tOT1SyYxeb
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  7. #1697
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Seen on a hand written placard along the A262 in Kent: "Fuggles are for life not just Christmas". An admirable sentiment, but I'm not 100% sure that it refers to hops. Serendipitiuosly,I returned home to read a lenghty article by Martin Cornell about the origins of this noble hop.http://t.co/tOT1SyYxeb
    Thats a very interesting article, one that has obviously taken some detailed research.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  8. #1698
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Thats a very interesting article, one that has obviously taken some detailed research.
    It is indeed a very interesting update to the Fuggles story, but [sorry, niche Kentish interest only...] I am a bit surprised that he notes all the problems of George Stace Moore's name being shortened to George Stace and he then goes on to shorten Cowden Farm to just Cowden which might end up in 50 year's time with the hop's origin being placed on the far side of Edenbridge.

  9. #1699
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,558

    Default One of them lists - North East England

    I bet there's not that many outside central Newcastle that have been visited by our happy band in this list,

    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats...bs-you-7017890

  10. #1700
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I bet there's not that many outside central Newcastle that have been visited by our happy band in this list,

    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats...bs-you-7017890
    Zero.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Similar Threads

  1. a swift one - Good News and Bad News
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 06:17
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 07:14
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-05-2010, 09:03
  4. Random beer news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 07:28
  5. Random Corrections
    By PubWatcher002 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 14:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •