Ads not shown when logged in
Page 134 of 431 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 4301

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    as a racegoer im not welcome in his pub wonder what he makes of this http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...london-2956103
    I repaired the leaded-light glass to the front door of this pub recently not that you can see it under the foliage.£30,000 a year bit of a porky that one.If true now you know there is still money to be made in the pub business.Fullers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I repaired the leaded-light glass to the front door of this pub recently not that you can see it under the foliage.£30,000 a year bit of a porky that one.If true now you know there is still money to be made in the pub business.Fullers as well.
    With rip-off Fuller's prices 30 grand is a drop in the ocean. I remember visitng this pub and thinking it was one of the better Fuller's outlets, but if I approached it today and saw all that rubbish then I would swiftly move on,

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Whilst on subject of Fuller's, any one else come across the loyalty cards? Drink 8 pints, 9th is free

Just asking because my local is doing it at the moment, seems landlord asked Fuller's to drop the prices, he is in stiff competition from Weatherspoon's only a mile away and a Social club just over the road, so they came up with the loyalty card for him
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Plenty of money to be made there in one of Fuller's flagship houses. It's been destination pub for decades, in all the foreign travel guides let alone domestic pub guides. And given that most people living locally don't need to work in the accepted sense of the term thay can charge pretty much what they like without anyone taking much notice.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Plenty of money to be made there in one of Fuller's flagship houses. It's been destination pub for decades, in all the foreign travel guides let alone domestic pub guides. And given that most people living locally don't need to work in the accepted sense of the term thay can charge pretty much what they like without anyone taking much notice.
    I do not know the pub in the article, but local Fuller's pub, [ex Gales] in quite suburban backwater reported it was shoulder to shoulder on Sunday, like & or loath 'em, they make money

I don't often come across F,S and T here in Kent, but the beer is consistently good, apart from the occasional case of Pride being the token real ale.As a London brewer, I'd expect them to be pricey. Incidentally, how pricey? Session beers from micros seem to be about £3.30 round here.Haven't been to a sheps pub for ages, so can't compare.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I don't often come across F,S and T here in Kent, but the beer is consistently good, apart from the occasional case of Pride being the token real ale.As a London brewer, I'd expect them to be pricey. Incidentally, how pricey? Session beers from micros seem to be about £3.30 round here.Haven't been to a sheps pub for ages, so can't compare.
    Session beers (NOT Ruddles) in my two local Spoons are £1.99 a pint and as of Thursday they will be £1.79 a pint for three weeks. This doesn't include London Pride or Doombore, not that I would drink them even if they were on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Session beers (NOT Ruddles) in my two local Spoons are £1.99 a pint and as of Thursday they will be £1.79 a pint for three weeks. This doesn't include London Pride or Doombore, not that I would drink them even if they were on offer.
    No wonder I'm skint! Not that I drink Doombar.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields