Ads not shown when logged in
Page 288 of 426 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    This place reminds me of a pub we visited a few years ago in Northumberland Star Inn
    Mrs Ale was driving, so I had a couple of pints. At about 8.30pm, I said to Vera, the landlady, that I might just try another pint, to which she answered 'you most certainly will not, you've had enough!'. She's a great character though, as she sat with us and filled us in on the history of the place. It seems from Google that it's now closed, but I can't find out for definite.
    According to WhatPub Its only open Friday and Sunday evenings (strange)and real ale no longer available.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    This place reminds me of a pub we visited a few years ago in Northumberland Star Inn
    I cycled there from Low Newton by the Sea, near Alnmouth in the early 00s, I think, to arrive at a time that the pub would be open (according to the Good Beer Guide). Found that it was not in fact open, and the grey and curling notice by the door suggested that it was unlikely ever to have been open at that time. It was a bloody long way and I wasn't going to come back just on the off chance (it is slap bang in the middle of nowhere). So in fact I've never yet had a drink at this pub.
    Come On You Hatters!

"is to open a huge new brewery in Walthamstow"
    https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london...-a4146926.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "is to open a huge new brewery in Walthamstow"
    https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london...-a4146926.html
    25m litres of quite average beer .
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    25m litres of quite average beer .
    They seem to produce loads of different beers all of which seem to be a bit half hearted. I wouldn't say they are rubbish but they are not worth seeking out.
    It doesn't say where the site is but I assume it must be somewhere near Blackhorse Road station as that's where there is a lot of redevelopment. What Walthamstow really lacks is a JDW but it's unlikely to happen as it would threaten the Drum.

This Space For Hire

Agree.They will have to up there game to shift 40 million pints a year or sell out to a bigger brewer.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Agree.They will have to up there game to shift 40 million pints a year or sell out to a bigger brewer.
    My thoughts entirely. It's a huge expansion and I'm not sure they have the credibility with the Crafty Brigade to pull off having trendy cans in Tesco or other feats that local brewers have achieved.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    My thoughts entirely. It's a huge expansion and I'm not sure they have the credibility with the Crafty Brigade to pull off having trendy cans in Tesco or other feats that local brewers have achieved.
    I wonder where the money is coming from to finance this.Its not exactly on the tourist route.Big gamble I think.Definitely not craft beer .

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Maybe they will be forced to accept 'spoons massively knocked down terms to shift all those unwanted barrels.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Maybe they will be forced to accept 'spoons massively knocked down terms to shift all those unwanted barrels.
    I was told by one of the Wild Card founders years ago that JDW and Enterprise terms are just as bad as each other. At least JDW pass on the savings to the punter rather than charging the inflated "going rate". Truman's already have a strong presence in East London JDWs as Locale options. Most of them are drinkable but understated. They aren't a complete disaster (we're not in Doom Bore territory here).