Ads not shown when logged in
Page 118 of 426 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 4259

Thread: Random news of the day

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "accommodates 15 people, and houses some historical trinkets which also chronicle the history of the"
    http://designtaxi.com/news/359288/Ha...-Oldest-Trees/
    Difficult to date a hollow tree!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Difficult to date a hollow tree!
    I believe Marstons took it over and put Ringwood in, but intend to branch out later. Soft drinks are cheap, especially the root beer.
    MILD:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...a-web-swearing

It ruled that the web page featuring the term should not appear again in that form. "We considered that the other language used on the page, such as 'corporate beer whores', 'rip you straight to the tits' and 'drill the bastards', was also likely to cause serious offence to some people," the ASA said.

But James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog which is in the process of raising £4m from its fans via its Equity for Punks crowdfunding scheme, responded: "We have thousands of craft beer fans who have invested in what we do and how we do it – they are the people we listen to – not the killjoy, self-important pen pushers at the ASA in their Burton suits. Those mother fuckers don't have any jurisdiction over us anyway."

As Brew Dog well know, the ASA is as effectual as a chocolate teapot and as intimidating as Charles Hawtrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...a-web-swearing

It ruled that the web page featuring the term should not appear again in that form. "We considered that the other language used on the page, such as 'corporate beer whores', 'rip you straight to the tits' and 'drill the bastards', was also likely to cause serious offence to some people," the ASA said.

But James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog which is in the process of raising £4m from its fans via its Equity for Punks crowdfunding scheme, responded: "We have thousands of craft beer fans who have invested in what we do and how we do it – they are the people we listen to – not the killjoy, self-important pen pushers at the ASA in their Burton suits. Those mother fuckers don't have any jurisdiction over us anyway."

As Brew Dog well know, the ASA is as effectual as a chocolate teapot and as intimidating as Charles Hawtrey.
    Your remark could be construed as racist and homophobic (joke!!!).

I actually once made an official complaint to the ASA about Magner's cider, in that there advert portrayed Ireland as being a land full of cider apple orchards with half-wits sitting around sporting a beard consisting of live bees. The complaint was rejected on the basis that the company actually do have some orchards in NI. I doubt if they would ever disclose the percentage of orchard apples as opposed to Golden Delicious juice that is used in the brew.

I'm quite proud to say that I have never tried Magners, but a mate of mine did (probably drunk) and he said it was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm quite proud to say that I have never tried Magners, but a mate of mine did (probably drunk) and he said it was disgusting.
    It is disgusting… That is why bar staff are encouraged to mask the taste by pouring the bottle into a pint glass full of ice.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    It is disgusting… That is why bar staff are encouraged to mask the taste by pouring the bottle into a pint glass full of ice.
    Can't argue with that. I tried it once on a particularly hot day and thought it overly sweet, mawkish rubbish. As ghastly as Woodpecker.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Can't argue with that. I tried it once on a particularly hot day and thought it overly sweet, mawkish rubbish. As ghastly as Woodpecker.
    I have never tried Magners, more on principle against over hyped trendy drinks "on ice"

Have to hang head, I liked Woodpecker when younger, but I also liked Worthington E & Red Barrel, you can draw your conclusions from that
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I have never tried Magners, more on principle against over hyped trendy drinks "on ice"

Have to hang head, I liked Woodpecker when younger, but I also liked Worthington E & Red Barrel, you can draw your conclusions from that
    Like you, I'd taken a principled stand against that irritating 'Oirish advertising twaddle, then one day something just snapped. I wouldn't worry too much on the Woodpecker / Worthington / Red Barrel thing, we all have our dark secrets. Whisper it soft, but I had a thing for strong lager in the mid eighties (Becks, Kronenbourg, Stella & Holsten Export.) Fortunately, after about 18 months, I grew out of it and returned to the true faith.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Cool I'm Jack Sparrow shiver me timbers!

"hallucinogenic nightshade plants and Lambrini wine"
    http://metro.co.uk/2012/09/20/woman-...pirate-581114/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

A suspected armed robber who tried to hold up a London bank with an AK47-style assault rifle and then caused panic when he fled through a pub, has been arrested after being apprehended by members of the public.

The suspect threatened staff at a branch of Barclays Bank in Borough High Street with a firearm and demanded they hand over money. But he fled empty handed with people believed to be bank security in pursuit, running through a nearby pub in an attempt to escape.

Customers reportedly dived for cover as the gun-wielding man, said to be in his 30s, was chased through the George pub, which was packed with lunchtime drinkers.

The suspect was shortly apprehended by members of the public, who detained him until officers from the Metropolitan police's flying squad arrived and arrested him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk-news/20...47-style-rifle