Ads not shown when logged in
Page 262 of 426 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

"old and haggard from one angle, but like a beautiful princess from another"
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/29/beer-...fence-7893669/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Nothing wrong with it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Nothing wrong with it.
    While I'm totally in agreement with equality for women the term "Beer Goggles" is the sort of rubbish you commonly find in VIZ and is hardly anything to be taken seriously. The term could easily be applied the other way round and I'm being sexist now by suggesting it should be "Wine Goggles". There are far more important issues than this on women's equality so they should just ignore it especially as Elgoods is now run by women. I'm hoping to go to one of their pubs next week so will look out for it.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    While I'm totally in agreement with equality for women the term "Beer Goggles" is the sort of rubbish you commonly find in VIZ and is hardly anything to be taken seriously. The term could easily be applied the other way round and I'm being sexist now by suggesting it should be "Wine Goggles". There are far more important issues than this on women's equality so they should just ignore it especially as Elgoods is now run by women. I'm hoping to go to one of their pubs next week so will look out for it.
    Unfortunately there is a class of person who is permanently offended and loves their 5 minutes of fame on FB / Twotter etc by seeking out anything most normal folk ignore or couldn't care less about. This of course is picked up by "newspapers" looking for click bait, thus a virtuous circle, or even virtue signaling circle is formed
    I drink to make others more interesting

"Due to open this autumn, the pub, called The Birmingham Tap, will showcase craft beer made at Thornbridge’s Bakewell brewery. Thornbridge has confirmed that it has also secured a site in York, which it hopes to open by the end of the year."
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/new...-major-1972219

"Due to open this autumn, the pub, called The Birmingham Tap, will showcase craft beer made at Thornbridge’s Bakewell brewery. Thornbridge has confirmed that it has also secured a site in York, which it hopes to open by the end of the year."
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/new...-major-1972219
    I'm sure this was raised earlier in the year as I went to look at the building in June to see if anything was going on. They've got their work cut out to open it this year. It's just round the corner from the Wellington.

Just Missed the Round

I'm more offended by the fact that there has been no effort to mention the style of beer on the pump clip. Without asking, you'd have no idea if it was a bitter, golden ale or a stout. And then you're assuming the person behind the bar knows. Even the brewery name is tiny. The "novelty" design is the least of this pump clip's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I'm more offended by the fact that there has been no effort to mention the style of beer on the pump clip. Without asking, you'd have no idea if it was a bitter, golden ale or a stout. And then you're assuming the person behind the bar knows. Even the brewery name is tiny. The "novelty" design is the least of this pump clip's problems.
    It's a 5% bitter not dissimilar from Everard's Old Original. I'm sure the clip said 5% and I rather enjoyed it!

I was at Stoke station this week and they were advertising for staff but it looked a long way off opening.