Ads not shown when logged in
Page 287 of 426 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

Just Missed the Round

Default FOR SALE: 11 pubs and bars in Bradford district on the market

FOR SALE: 11 pubs and bars in Bradford district on the market

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....on-the-market/

Includes three in Bradford city centre, those are all still currently trading as far as I am aware (unlike some others in the wider district mentioned in the article).

Personally I wasn't aware of the New Beehive but the article suggests it has an old historic interior that sounds intriguing enough to warrant a visit - perhaps before it's too late?

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    FOR SALE: 11 pubs and bars in Bradford district on the market

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....on-the-market/

Includes three in Bradford city centre, those are all still currently trading as far as I am aware (unlike some others in the wider district mentioned in the article).

Personally I wasn't aware of the New Beehive but the article suggests it has an old historic interior that sounds intriguing enough to warrant a visit - perhaps before it's too late?
    They don’t all belong to the same company or individual of course. William has been trying to sell the New Beehive for years, and full marks will only sell to an independent pub operator. It’s a (could be) very fine pub but he should have let his wife, Christina, run it, she made a great job of Jacobs in the city centre. They now run the Beehive in Shipley.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    They don’t all belong to the same company or individual of course. William has been trying to sell the New Beehive for years, and full marks will only sell to an independent pub operator. It’s a (could be) very fine pub but he should have let his wife, Christina, run it, she made a great job of Jacobs in the city centre. They now run the Beehive in Shipley.
    That's good to hear. I don't know any of these people, but it is refreshing when somebody will stick to their principles rather than just taking the money and running (which of course must be very tempting).

There was a similar article in the MEN today but only one of the pubs was in the city centre (the Molly House).

This Space For Hire

Nice story - anyone else but Graham been?

Britain’s ‘smallest pub’ is run by a 98-year-old from her front room and only serves one beer

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

Britain’s ‘smallest pub’ is run by a 98-year-old from her front room and only serves one beer
    The story is riddled with lots of inaccuracies in typical media fashion, but it is indeed an incredible place. And I doubt there are any others where the landlady can recount first-hand tales of the pub in WW2!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This is the sort of place I love to visit but sadly it seems to be totally inaccessible by public transport or a long walk completely beyond the capabilities of a shambolic old wreck. Back in the day some of the rural Brakspeae, Ridley and K & B outlets were like this.

This Space For Hire

A huge improvement in the clientele here

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...after-15291328

Police say "no one was injured in the incident, we are not investigating".
    Regardless of who was at fault it seems to me the Landlord is on a bit of a self publicity kick.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    This is the sort of place I love to visit but sadly it seems to be totally inaccessible by public transport or a long walk completely beyond the capabilities of a shambolic old wreck. Back in the day some of the rural Brakspeae, Ridley and K & B outlets were like this.
    It does look fantastic. Another vaguely similar pub with a former landlady of a similar vintage which I'd love to visit - the pub that is, not the landlady - is Sun Inn

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    The story is riddled with lots of inaccuracies in typical media fashion, but it is indeed an incredible place. And I doubt there are any others where the landlady can recount first-hand tales of the pub in WW2!
    This place reminds me of a pub we visited a few years ago in Northumberland Star Inn
    Mrs Ale was driving, so I had a couple of pints. At about 8.30pm, I said to Vera, the landlady, that I might just try another pint, to which she answered 'you most certainly will not, you've had enough!'. She's a great character though, as she sat with us and filled us in on the history of the place. It seems from Google that it's now closed, but I can't find out for definite.
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan