Bath pub distances itself from landlord's comments after Labour leader thrown out

"Co-owner Tim Perry has said the views of Rod Humphris, who told the Labour Party leader to "get out" of the pub earlier, did not reflect that of the business.

"Mr Humphris claimed the country had “f***ed its economy because old people are dying” and said Sir Keir Starmer had failed as opposition leader.

“You have failed me. I’ve been a Labour voter my entire life. You have failed to be the opposition. You’ve failed to ask if the lockdown is functioning.

“Thousands of people have died because you have failed to do your job and ask the real questions.

“You’ve allowed our children to wear masks in schools when there’s never been any evidence for it.”

So, the Leader of the Opposition has failed to ask if the lockdown is functioning, which has resulted in children wearing masks in schools, old people dying and the economy being f***ed.

If only the Leader of the Opposition had asked if the lockdown was functioning, old people would not have died and the economy would be booming. Or blooming, maybe.

(This does not reflect the views of the business.)