Ads not shown when logged in
Page 310 of 324 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3231

Thread: Random news of the day

  1. #3091
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Off topic I'm afraid - I don't know if you really are interested in The Clash, but there's an exhibition on at the Museum of London: https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/mu...40-years-clash
    Yes am interested in them.Amazing to see Joe Strummers lyrics in his notebook. Actually worked on the building of the museum in early 70,s probably about the same time as he was writing those lyrics. cheers

  2. #3092
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Off topic I'm afraid - I don't know if you really are interested in The Clash, but there's an exhibition on at the Museum of London: https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/mu...40-years-clash
    Joe Strummer was a regular in my local for a couple of years or so in the late 90's, he kept himself to his self and was able to in the pub which was probably why he liked it, we inevitably ended up on nodding terms. A nice fella.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  3. #3093
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    "Greene King brewery workers to hold"
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/business/unit...tion-1-6408328
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  4. #3094
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    842

    Default

    From this month's London Drinker: 'We are pleased to announce that Mr. Miles Jenner, the Head Brewer and Joint Managing Director of Harvey & Son (Lewes) Ltd. will be conducting a 'Meet the Brewer' evening at The Royal Oak, Tabard Street, SE1, on Monday 20th January at 7.30pm' (if anyone's interested).

  5. #3095
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    From this month's London Drinker: 'We are pleased to announce that Mr. Miles Jenner, the Head Brewer and Joint Managing Director of Harvey & Son (Lewes) Ltd. will be conducting a 'Meet the Brewer' evening at The Royal Oak, Tabard Street, SE1, on Monday 20th January at 7.30pm' (if anyone's interested).
    Miles is good value as a speaker.

  6. #3096
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    From this month's London Drinker: 'We are pleased to announce that Mr. Miles Jenner, the Head Brewer and Joint Managing Director of Harvey & Son (Lewes) Ltd. will be conducting a 'Meet the Brewer' evening at The Royal Oak, Tabard Street, SE1, on Monday 20th January at 7.30pm' (if anyone's interested).
    Interested but unfortunately not practical for me.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  7. #3097
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Miles is good value as a speaker.
    He is a bit of a raconteur by all accounts but don't think much of his beer.I heard that Harveys did great beer so about 15 years ago I went to Brighton specifically to a pub near the station who had the whole Harveys range . Totally underwhelmed by the beers and ended up in a pub drinking Fullers -pride to drown my sorrows. Although I have had a few good pints of Sussex it tends to be very inconsistent according to Harveys drinkers in my local.

  8. #3098
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Although I have had a few good pints of Sussex it tends to be very inconsistent according to Harveys drinkers in my local.
    I think that probably says much more about the pub(s) concerned, not the beer, brewer or brewery.

    Harvey's (Sussex) is completely ubiquitous in my part of the world (apart from the Shepherd Neame and Greene King tied houses), and over many decades I can't recall ever having a bad pint of it any pub that keeps a good cellar.

    My understanding is that the brewery won't sell to any freehouse where problems are reported because there are so many others beyond the East Sussex / West Kent core area looking to stock it.

  9. #3099
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Junction 5, M3 , well fairly close.
    Posts
    3,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    He is a bit of a raconteur by all accounts but don't think much of his beer.I heard that Harveys did great beer so about 15 years ago I went to Brighton specifically to a pub near the station who had the whole Harveys range . Totally underwhelmed by the beers and ended up in a pub drinking Fullers -pride to drown my sorrows. Although I have had a few good pints of Sussex it tends to be very inconsistent according to Harveys drinkers in my local.
    Harvey's are not normally my go to brewery but I was greatly impressed with the quality of the Mild and Old Ale recently in the Royal Oak.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  10. #3100
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    "brewery Magic Rock is opening a second taproom in "
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/life...oom-1-10138749
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Similar Threads

  1. a swift one - Good News and Bad News
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 07:17
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 08:14
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-05-2010, 10:03
  4. Random beer news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 08:28
  5. Random Corrections
    By PubWatcher002 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 15:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •