Ads not shown when logged in
Page 302 of 426 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4260

Thread: Random news of the day

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The free trade would never buy GK crap.
    What???? They sell it by the tanker load. JDW's are awash with the stuff, let alone Stonegate ..

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I doubt there's enough slack in the industry to make up for a closure of BSE without building a new plant somewhere else. In any case they're a property company and will want rid of the brewing side as soon as is decently possible. I suspect the vultures (Heineken et al) are circling as we speak.
    Even before the takeover,certain shareholders were asking management about the possibility of selling the brewing assets.My guess is that this is now much more likely but any sale will come attached to some supply agreement with the GK pubco ,in order to get a decent price.

There will be a few Investment Bankers floating around the BSE brewery shortly
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Even before the takeover,certain shareholders were asking management about the possibility of selling the brewing assets.My guess is that this is now much more likely but any sale will come attached to some supply agreement with the GK pubco ,in order to get a decent price.
    I'm not so sure. Perhaps CKAH are buying Greene King as if it were a utility, providing a relatively stable income stream to underpin its more speculative property developments?

In that case, it would take a hands-off (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) approach and just take the dividends?

With the best will in the world, Bury St Edmunds is hardly Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, Frankfurt, New York or the City of London, so if it was a property acquisition then why there?

Time will tell, of course, but perhaps all you Greene King fans might not need to worry too much?

PS - This is not financial advice, but what next? Marston's?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    What???? They sell it by the tanker load. JDW's are awash with the stuff, let alone Stonegate ..
    I don't think of them as free houses but you are correct .

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I'm not so sure. Perhaps CKAH are buying Greene King as if it were a utility, providing a relatively stable income stream to underpin its more speculative property developments?

In that case, it would take a hands-off (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) approach and just take the dividends?

With the best will in the world, Bury St Edmunds is hardly Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, Frankfurt, New York or the City of London, so if it was a property acquisition then why there?

Time will tell, of course, but perhaps all you Greene King fans might not need to worry too much?

PS - This is not financial advice, but what next? Marston's?
    Many GK outlets in London are in some of the world's most expensive real estate areas. I wonder if this Chinese company is buying GK not for the brewery, but for the property assets, ripe for development?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Many GK outlets in London are in some of the world's most expensive real estate areas. I wonder if this Chinese company is buying GK not for the brewery, but for the property assets, ripe for development?
    Possibly, but I think they go for large (city block sized) sites rather than individual buildings?

All two of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    All two of them!!!
    I think that's who I was referring to...

I think that's who I was referring to...
    Joking aside, when I go to Spoons I regularly see people order Abbot and Ruddles. I've also had people tell me that Wainwright and Spitfire are their favourite beers. It's hard to know whether to burst into tears or burst out laughing.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Joking aside, when I go to Spoons I regularly see people order Abbot and Ruddles. I've also had people tell me that Wainwright and Spitfire are their favourite beers. It's hard to know whether to burst into tears or burst out laughing.
    Many, possibly most, people stick with what they're familiar. The pub on the next corner from me is a brewpub. Of about six lines, there's usually three homebrew, two local beers, then London bleedin Pride, there, I suspect, for some loan arrangement. They sell a vast amount of Pride, and not just to tourists.

I have a friend with whom I must have enjoyed hundreds of curries. In thirty odd years I've never known him order anything but chicken tikka masala.

Then again, I'm not averse to drinking lager in there if I so fancy, so feel free to burst into tears or burst out laughing.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 22-08-2019 at 23:14.