I'm in agreement with OB above.
What annoys me most about this National Bass Day thing is the way that Roger Protz blatantly used his WB editorial to support it despite it not being approved CAMRA policy. I got some bog rolls after all the panic buying so still have the WB and can quote his exact words.

One cask beer in urgent need of life support is Draught Bass. 11 April is National Bass Day. Please support it, encourage publicans free of the tie to stock it and get as many friends as possible to drink it.
As far as I'm concerned he should be sacked by CAMRA as what sort of message is this sending out to other brewers and younger CAMRA members who can only dream about how great Bass actually was before they ruined it.
The reason Bass has been side-lined is entirely due to the promotion of Doom Bore by Mouldy Corpse. If they were serious about it they would have given the Bass Museum people a free rein to do it.
As for the Proper Twats, I actually met Tired Martin in the Stourbridge Queens Head. I had no idea who he was and was at least 50% trolleyed. It was just after the landlady had been showing me her box of pump clips and there was talk of Vocation beers from Hebden Bridge. He mentioned the Taylor's Hare & Hounds near there and we were both very pleased that we had both visited it and liked it. He seemed like just any other beer enthusiast to me.