Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Green Splodges

Default Little Green Splodges

You can tell the pubs are shut, I'm beginning to come up with random questions in an attempt to keep my mind active. What do the little green splodges signify above everyone's avatar? I do remember there was a discussion on this somewhere a few years ago. As far as I can make out Its not on number of posts, current activity? It doesn't seem to be on general contribution either.
    Example, I have 4 ,as does Komakino, Sheffield Hatter and Aqualung are on 5 and yet rpadam is on 3? There doesn't seem any rhyme or reason, anyone know, or shall I just go and get a beer from the fridge?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    You can tell the pubs are shut, I'm beginning to come up with random questions in an attempt to keep my mind active. What do the little green splodges signify above everyone's avatar? I do remember there was a discussion on this somewhere a few years ago. As far as I can make out Its not on number of posts, current activity? It doesn't seem to be on general contribution either.
    Example, I have 4 ,as does Komakino, Sheffield Hatter and Aqualung are on 5 and yet rpadam is on 3? There doesn't seem any rhyme or reason, anyone know, or shall I just go and get a beer from the fridge?
    Ha ha just found the previous thread, guess who started that.
    Which leads to this.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 27-03-2020 at 10:20.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Yeah.

And if you hold your mouse pointer over the splodge, you get a tool tip you'd expect to find in a Chinese fortune cookie. Mine reads 'Tris39 has a spectacular aura about' - could this be something to do with me cutting down on washing to save soap?

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Mine reads 'Tris39 has a spectacular aura about' - could this be something to do with me cutting down on washing to save soap?
    Isn't an aura an energy field, or at least the idea that you can perceive one? Cutting down on washing would result in a pong, not an aura. Nice try, though.
    Come On You Hatters!

Ha ha just found the previous thread, guess who started that.
    Which leads to this.
    I don't remember reading either of those threads before. Very strange.

So, "Mobyduck is just really nice", huh? It's OK, Mick - plenty of others are "really nice" too.

I'd still rather be down the pub...
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'd still rather be down the pub...
    So would I but you may have noticed I like to wind some people up sometimes, the problem (or not) is they know I'm doing it.
    -W.C.Fields

By the way, I've just noticed I've just gained a splodge.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Isn't an aura an energy field, or at least the idea that you can perceive one? Cutting down on washing would result in a pong, not an aura. Nice try, though.
    You may say 'energy field', others may say 'phoooeeey'; I'm happy to say that I have now sourced some extra soap though.

I remember some time back, a new contributor wasn't at all happy that his tooltip read 'Spritzer Drinker'. I wonder what happened to him?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

I remember some time back, a new contributor wasn't at all happy that his tooltip read 'Spritzer Drinker'. I wonder what happened to him?
    That was very humorous .A rare contributor to the forum but prolific photographer (of all sorts of buildings) if I'm not much mistaken.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

By the way, I've just noticed I've just gained a splodge.
    Fully deserved...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"