Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
In all seriousness I agree with Wills take on things, that said I do find scores very useful. Most people I guess would do a bit of research before embarking on a day in a new town or area, unless of course you were taking an Alan Winfield approach, I take previous (recent) reviews, words as well as scores to get a balanced idea , for example if Sheffield Hatter rates a pub 7/10 and Bucking Fastard gave it an 8 a couple of months later along with a 7 from Rex Rattus a year before I would surmise the pub was well worth including on the list, If Sandy Beech ,first time reviewer said great Fosters and Karaoke !0/10 I am clever enough to guess It would be more like a 3/10 for me.
That all said a lot can change in pub land over the course of a year, even more so now in the current situation. I think we can forget about the half points.
Funnily enough I also check other peoples views and you and Bucking Fastard giving high scores as you both like your beer mean more to me than Rex (no offence Rex)as Rex likes pubs with an original interior and the beer is secondary. Don't look at my scores for any help on Sam Smiths pubs as I dislike their cask,think their bottles are great but too pricy and have no interest in their time warp interiors.