Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

Teetotal

I've just posted a possible solution to the contact details 'check in' problem over in the Services forum!

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...omer-check-ins!

Hopefully it helps someone

Quote Originally Posted by checkinpub View Post
    I've just posted a possible solution to the contact details 'check in' problem over in the Services forum!

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...omer-check-ins!

Hopefully it helps someone
    Nice one. (Not sure how many pub operators or managers visit this site, but well done for trying.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Do I really want to jump through so many hoops,especially when I only ever have one drink in say 30 minutes before I move on.
    Internet is on go slow, so can't post link from Cellar Head re reopening Tap Room. Basically, one has to book a 3hour session (Friday), or hour and a half (Saturday), no walk ins. £10 deposit refundable against purchases, so I'd be out of pocket with my one pint! Usual COVID sanitising and distancing. Think I'll wait a bit!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Do I really want to jump through so many hoops,especially when I only ever have one drink in say 30 minutes before I move on.
    Internet is on go slow, so can't post link from Cellar Head re reopening Tap Room. Basically, one has to book a 3hour session (Friday), or hour and a half (Saturday), no walk ins. £10 deposit refundable against purchases, so I'd be out of pocket with my one pint! Usual COVID sanitising and distancing. Think I'll wait a bit!
    Cellar Head Tap Room.

One of my regular pubs has spelt out nice and clearly how they will be opening on their Facebook page.

The Alfred Free House

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!

We are delighted to confirm that we will be reopening the pub on Saturday 4th July. However, it will be subject to a large number of changes with the safety of staff and customers of paramount importance. All these changes are subject to change depending on how well they work. Please read through this carefully and take note of the guidelines sheet we have attached to this post.

To begin with, the kitchen will remain closed and we will open for drinks only. Over time we will try to introduce some sort of food offering. However, for now, it is important we open safely and get used to operating a pub under social distancing rules.

There will be no reserving of tables; it will be a first come first serve basis (you should all be used to queuing outside by now!). However, we will be utilising the car park area with a marquee so we have increased spaces to seat people whilst obviously having a more spacious table layout. Due to said marquee, car parking spaces will be very limited so please walk to the pub where possible.

Upon arrival please wait to be seated and only one household or one social bubble can sit at a single table. However, we have a good idea about all of our customers various friendship groups so we will try to seat you near each other where possible so you can chat at a safe distance.

It will also be table service only. There will be staff monitoring all areas, taking orders, delivering drinks, cleaning surfaces and generally looking after you all. Minimising your movement around the building is a key element in reducing risk. Basically, sit down, don’t move and we will sort you out!

There are more rules and conditions, however, most of them are based on common sense and will be obvious once you are here.

Our opening hours will be as follows:

Monday: Closed
    Tuesday: Closed
    Wednesday: 17:30 - 22:00
    Thursday: 17:30 - 22:00
    Friday: 17:30 - 22:00
    Saturday: 16:00 - 22:00
    Sunday: 14:00 - 20:00

That was all a bit serious, and for good reason. However, if everyone adheres to social distancing and behaves themselves there is no reason we can’t all have a jolly old time.

If anyone has any specific questions please pop us a Facebook message or email and we will get back to you ASAP.

We are very excited to have finally reached a stage where we can open in some capacity. There is a long road ahead before everything returns to normal, but in the meantime, at least the beer is back!

https://www.facebook.com/AlfredFreeH...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 29-06-2020 at 18:43.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Forget it. If this is going to be the overall deal, I'm staying at home.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    One of my regular pubs has spelt out nice and clearly how they will be opening on their Facebook page.
    And what about single drinkers? If a pub has say, six tables, each with a capacity of six in a social bubble, what happens if six single drinkers turf up? Will it be one person per table or will single drinkers get turned away on the basis that they won't generate enough turnover?

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Oh, FFS! That's bordering on the Kafkaesque. Not for me. I'll definitely be waiting a few weeks before I even think about going out.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Oh, FFS! That's bordering on the Kafkaesque. Not for me. I'll definitely be waiting a few weeks before I even think about going out.
    We're out on Sunday for a meal at La Mancha, fizz only of course, but a couple of pints
    before at The Baum is a probability and a couple afterwards at The Pint Pot is very likely
    as Mike (the owner) phoned me up today to ask for some beer advice.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    And what about single drinkers? If a pub has say, six tables, each with a capacity of six in a social bubble, what happens if six single drinkers turf up? Will it be one person per table or will single drinkers get turned away on the basis that they won't generate enough turnover?
    I'll find out Sunday.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields