Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    I think when pubs are allowed to open it will be on a strictly off sales bases only. Just like we had in the 60s where most pubs you could go into the the side door/off licence Jug & Bottle and they would fill a few gallon jars for me to take home on a Sunday lunch time. Pity there is no pubs that still do this now I could see there would be a few people queuing for some decent take away Ales.
    They are allowed to do off sales now .The two West London micros are both doing cask off sales . (see How Much thread for my rant)

This Space For Hire

There was a guy on the news a couple of days ago who has bars in Manchester where has has furloughed 600 workers.He said if he has to open with social distancing he will not be opening as he will lose even more money than he will by staying shut.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    They are allowed to do off sales now .The two West London micros are both doing cask off sales . (see How Much thread for my rant)
    I've been buying beer to take out from the Gardeners Rest. So far it's been barrels that they had bought in before lockdown, which they've sold at £2 a pint. This week they are buying in more beer from local breweries Blue Bee and Sheffield Brewery, which they'll be selling at £2.50. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday each week.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

If anyone's vaguely near, The Stag is doing off-sales though if you want to buy 'wet' you'll need to bring a container.

This Space For Hire

This Space For Hire

Beautiful warm afternoon and night in London so I walked to Barnes.Had a couple of pints of cask beer from Wild beer and Thornbridge outside the Watermans arms.Queued for about 15mins ,went to the bar ordered and card payment.Went over the road and stood with the other 100 plus drinkers against the wall overlooking the Thames.Only £2.50 a pint for cask.Lovely and you could re-enter the pub too use the toilets.

Beautiful warm afternoon and night in London so I walked to Barnes.Had a couple of pints of cask beer from Wild beer and Thornbridge outside the Watermans arms.Queued for about 15mins ,went to the bar ordered and card payment.Went over the road and stood with the other 100 plus drinkers against the wall overlooking the Thames all stood at least two metres apart, as you'd expect.Only £2.50 a pint for cask.Lovely and you could re-enter the pub too use the toilets.
    Are you sure that was in London? The price, and the behaviour, suggests it was more likely in Barnard Castle. (I'm just envious, actually. You lucky bastard.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Beautiful warm afternoon and night in London so I walked to Barnes.Had a couple of pints of cask beer from Wild beer and Thornbridge outside the Watermans arms.Queued for about 15mins ,went to the bar ordered and card payment.Went over the road and stood with the other 100 plus drinkers against the wall overlooking the Thames.Only £2.50 a pint for cask.Lovely and you could re-enter the pub too use the toilets.
    Managed to do something similar - a couple of pints of cask Rebellion IPA from the 'takeaway window' at this country pub a few miles from me - this Sunday afternoon; enjoyed in the pub's car park(!) then on a green bit opposite during some nice sunny weather. Things almost felt normal for an hour or so...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

This Space For Hire

Sounds great - this is the same crowd behind your Express Tavern. I could have got a pint in a plastic cup from St. John's Wood's New Inn yesterday for consumption in Regent's Park, but didn't know what they were serving so didn't feel like a 15-minute queue for fizz.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Are you sure that was in London? The price, and the behaviour, suggests it was more likely in Barnard Castle. (I'm just envious, actually. You lucky bastard.)
    Although the beer was fine I have a feeling that neither of those breweries have been brewing cask beer recently so it must be old stock.They also had Harveys Sussex on cask.
    Went in the Express mid week and asked the guy if the cask beer was old stock he didn't actually answer but said I could have tasters.Tried a brown ale from By the Horns but it was manky so stuck to keg .