Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Oh, FFS! That's bordering on the Kafkaesque. Not for me. I'll definitely be waiting a few weeks before I even think about going out.
    Some of their procedures are at least understandable given they are a small unit. But drink orders by text message? Please tell me this isn’t a widespread thing.

I think Moby's local has taken a sensible approach, and although it will be interesting to see how they adapt/respond to Tris' point (post #87), based on their FB post that Moby shared (and a prior visit by me to the pub a few years back), I'm sure they and their locals will find a balanced and reasonable solution.

I feel for all these businesses in the hospitality sector re-opening on or around the 4th, as they'll obviously do their best to adhere to the government's guidelines, but it relies on the good old Great British Public to do the same, which, based on supermarket visits since the start of lockdown, for a large minority, I can't see happening.
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post

I feel for all these businesses in the hospitality sector re-opening on or around the 4th, as they'll obviously do their best to adhere to the government's guidelines, but it relies on the good old Great British Public to do the same, which, based on supermarket visits since the start of lockdown, for a large minority, I can't see happening.
    The thing publicans fear most is losing their licence. If people start playing up most sensible guvnors will shut up shop for the day.

This Space For Hire

I'd love to know how The Seven Stars will reopen, given that with social engineering it only has space for about four plus staff (and cat).

It'll also be interesting to see what happens to people who go outside for a fag - will they have to queue up again to get in?

At least there won't be any barholes blocking proceedings.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

It'll also be interesting to see what happens to people who go outside for a fag - will they have to queue up again to get in?
    Well they're not going to give away your table just because you've gone for a smoke or to the loo or to take a phone call, and no doubt left your pint, coat, paper or whatever there.

I wonder what will happen to the on-trend twelve place refectory tables and huge sofas that furnish some pubs; thanks to the new rules I can think of some quite large pubs that could only seat five or six parties. They could double that with normal furniture.

This Space For Hire

I have a feeling that only a few pubs in my area will open.I know Fullers are only opening a few in London .Only one of the four local pubs I would use is opening.The Dodo micropub is opening late in July and you have to book a 90 minute slot.Table for one.Sir! No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I'd love to know how The Seven Stars will reopen, given that with social engineering it only has space for about four plus staff (and cat).

At least there won't be any barholes blocking proceedings.
    same here Halfway House
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

The Dubliners next to Thornaby station looks dormant. No signs up saying when they are reopening, nothing on social media, and a window in need of repair.

I suspect it's going to be like Boxing Day where you'll just have to walk around to see where is open.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    We're out on Sunday for a meal at La Mancha, fizz only of course, but a couple of pints
    before at The Baum is a probability and a couple afterwards at The Pint Pot is very likely
    as Mike (the owner) phoned me up today to ask for some beer advice.
    Change of plan. The Baum isn't reopening until the 10th!

Booked a table at The Flyer The Flying Horse instead.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    same here Halfway House
    Auld Shillelagh is about 2 metres wide and not at all long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The Dubliners next to Thornaby station looks dormant. No signs up saying when they are reopening, nothing on social media, and a window in need of repair.

I suspect it's going to be like Boxing Day where you'll just have to walk around to see where is open.
    Walked past Quinns a couple of days ago and it's in a very poor state - just look at the photos I took.