Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

This Space For Hire

I agree about Quinns.Yellow and blue does not go together.Nice battleship grey .More appealing

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Yellow and blue does not go together.Nice battleship grey .More appealing
    Really John? That sort of livery just depresses me even before I've entered...

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

Walked past Quinns a couple of days ago and it's in a very poor state .
    The old man Quinn died a few years ago. The family were from Longford hence the paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by an_ecumenical_matter; 02-07-2020 at 17:01.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Better that than black: The Stag

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    The old man Quinn died a few years ago. The family were from Longford hence the paint.
    Sad - I think this must have been the old bloke who served me. The thing about the pub is that it was - I think - a loved business, but terribly lacking in funds. With money spent it could be a lovely place, but even the stonework is starting to crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Better that than black: The Stag

Sad - I think this must have been the old bloke who served me. The thing about the pub is that it was - I think - a loved business, but terribly lacking in funds. With money spent it could be a lovely place, but even the stonework is starting to crumble.
    The son used to always be there, he could eat you without salt if he was in a humour.
    Last edited by an_ecumenical_matter; 02-07-2020 at 18:26.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Only having a laugh at the garish colour.Great pub.Used to take my son there as they had a fridge full of unusual German beers.

In "Wails", It will be 10 days before we can visit a pub Outside! No mention yet of the date to go Inside! It will be like the old Welsh Sundays when to get a pint you had to cross into England. Will I do so?? Table service only, name and phone no. to track me, maybe having my temperature taken. Limited visit time. Having to book in advance. Oh, and of course I will have to drive because Public Transport for essential workers only!
    Walking three minutes to The Bridge End in Ruabon to take out two cask beers seems far more attractive, and i am still doing my bit to support the pub trade.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I agree about Quinns.Yellow and blue does not go together.Nice battleship grey .More appealing
    The top row of the Yorkshire colour chart should give pub designers more interesting ideas than battleship grey.

IMG_3514.JPG
    Last edited by oldboots; 03-07-2020 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    In "Wails", It will be 10 days before we can visit a pub Outside! No mention yet of the date to go Inside! It will be like the old Welsh Sundays when to get a pint you had to cross into England. Will I do so?? Table service only, name and phone no. to track me, maybe having my temperature taken. Limited visit time. Having to book in advance. Oh, and of course I will have to drive because Public Transport for essential workers only!
    Walking three minutes to The Bridge End in Ruabon to take out two cask beers seems far more attractive, and i am still doing my bit to support the pub trade.
    Brains have announced a number of their pubs will not reopen, I don't know if that includes the 40 they intend to flog off or if it's more pubs.

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"