Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

Hybrid View

Teetotal

Default How Will Pubs Open?

Morning everyone,

I'm sure we're all a bit shell-shocked with what has happened in the wake of the Covid-19 lockdown, not least the forced closure of pubs and bars up and down the country. Looks like we're in the long haul for this "flatten the curve" strategy. I've just been thinking about what will happen once the bans start to get lifted again. Obviously, at this point, there's no knowing whether that will be in a few week's time or a few month's time. Just wondering what the precautions will be when places start opening again? Latex gloves for staff? Limited numbers allowed in at one time?

It's been a crazy few weeks...

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrissmith89 View Post
    Morning everyone,

I'm sure we're all a bit shell-shocked with what has happened in the wake of the Covid-19 lockdown, not least the forced closure of pubs and bars up and down the country. Looks like we're in the long haul for this "flatten the curve" strategy. I've just been thinking about what will happen once the bans start to get lifted again. Obviously, at this point, there's no knowing whether that will be in a few week's time or a few month's time. Just wondering what the precautions will be when places start opening again? Latex gloves for staff? Limited numbers allowed in at one time?

Thanks,

Chris
    Hi Chris, I think the answer to that is nobody knows at the moment, it will be a bit of a pain if the 2 meter rule is still in place, but better open with whatever restrictions than totally shut.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by chrissmith89 View Post
    Morning everyone,

Thanks,

Chris
    Much depends on if a vaccine that works can be developed or if the Virus dies off through lack of hosts or if it just goes dormant and carriers remain in the community. When the number of new cases gets down close to zero the Govt might let things reopen, not least because of the economic damage we’re suffering and the cost of paying the 80% with more to come this afternoon when the chancellor announces help for the self employed.

When (if) pubs reopen there are bound to be some restrictions, the neo-pro’s are creaming themselves at this movement in what can be banned, I believe this called a Kensington an Overton Window*. There are also going to be logistical problems with restocking from the (remaining) breweries.

Whatever happens a major change in the beer landscape is inevitable.

*thanks to the more on the ball Quinno for putting this right.
    Last edited by oldboots; 26-03-2020 at 14:31.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Much depends on if a vaccine that works can be developed or if the Virus dies off through lack of hosts or if it just goes dormant and carriers remain in the community. When the number of new cases gets down close to zero the Govt might let things reopen, not least because of the economic damage we’re suffering and the cost of paying the 80% with more to come this afternoon when the chancellor announces help for the self employed.

When (if) pubs reopen there are bound to be some restrictions, the neo-pro’s are creaming themselves at this movement in what can be banned, I believe this called a Kensington Window. There are also going to be logistical problems with restocking from the (remaining) breweries.

Whatever happens a major change in the beer landscape is inevitable.
    I thought it was an Overton Window? Googling Kensington Window brings up glaziers!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I thought it was an Overton Window? Googling Kensington Window brings up glaziers!
    I did say "I believe", blame it on senility or beer.

CV19 Isolation Day 2.jpeg

This Space For Hire

Ability to take drinks anywhere in sight of the pub so people spread out... Or table service only. Will the majority want to go back to how we were anyway, I doubt it. Open borders and everyone flying everywhere caused this to spread so successfully.

This Space For Hire

I think the virus will have to be gone before they open the pubs as social distancing wont work. Pubs are meant to be social places and pointless opening them otherwise.We can can wait out the covid 19 with out resorting to restrictions.Hopefully the government will give the pubs a couple of weeks notice so they are up and running on the day.