Ads not shown when logged in
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

This Space For Hire

...and now it seem that pubs will be obliged to take our contact details - what will they want? A recent utility bill? A passport? And now the BMA wants stupid facemasks to be made compulsory - yes, a pub which is the place to talk and drink, whilst wearing a mask.
    I'm increasingly of the opinion that I won't be back in the pub until these measures are abandoned, but who knows when that will be...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Unless people are compelled to provide proof of ID, then this is exactly what will happen. And how do you drink through a mask?

I don't see how pubs like Wetherspoons and other large chains can enforce this they cant keep the under 18s out as it is. only way would be for everyone to show a driving licence or other ID for proof of address and pay by card using the spoons app I cant show them Me over 60s bus pass I because that has not got proof of address nor has me retired SC card.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Unless people are compelled to provide proof of ID, then this is exactly what will happen. And how do you drink through a mask?
    https://slanjkilts.com/masks/drinkingmask
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Sounds like it's the bigger chains leading the way from social media feeds. Perhaps micros aren't sure of stock availability or how strict police will be.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    I don't see how pubs like Wetherspoons and other large chains can enforce this they cant keep the under 18s out as it is. only way would be for everyone to show a driving licence or other ID for proof of address and pay by card using the spoons app I cant show them Me over 60s bus pass I because that has not got proof of address nor has me retired SC card.
    I don't understand how this can work in any event: so the pub has my details, but it doesn't have my contacts and it won't know if I become ill unless I actually phone the pub and tell it. Then it will be tasked with going through the visitors' book, calling each one one by one to let them know that they were in a pub with an infected person. And what about time? Do we have to log our departure time? And suppose I visit my regular local. Do I have to give my details every time I visit or just register the once, so that the barmaid won't be saying "Evening Tris. Pint o' the usual? And is your address the same as yesterday?".

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Dear God; I despair. Why not use a snorkel and funnel, then pour beer into it, along with crunched up crisps?
    Last edited by Tris39; 24-06-2020 at 18:39.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Anecdotes from food processing plants and restaurants suggest good air flow from outside is good mitigation. Air conditioning may help or hinder the situation depending on how it is configured...
    Just announced on Radio 4 news: a plague spike in a German meat processing plant is the result of cold temperatures and the pathogen being spread by air conditioning. Presumably then, air would have to be expelled and not recirculated.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Just announced on Radio 4 news: a plague spike in a German meat processing plant is the result of cold temperatures and the pathogen being spread by air conditioning. Presumably then, air would have to be expelled and not recirculated.
    I think there should be recommendations issued on this. I've long not enjoyed indoor arena gigs due to the poor air quality, and had many a battle with HR minions over this sort of thing!

Just to add to anecdotes. The Anchor in Digbeth is reopening but not on the 4th. Pubs in Yarm however seem to be going for it on day one (I can see huge crowds queueing there if the weather is good)

Teetotal

Have they explained anywhere what data needs to be captured from a customer.
    Will name and phone number be sufficient.

Im planning to write some software for the Oracle Simphony point of sale system to help businesses capture this data easily.
    They can just enter it on the cash register and it will save it for 21 days and can be exported if necessary.