Ads not shown when logged in
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: How Will Pubs Open?

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Barring some great disaster I am venturing out to the pub tomorrow for the first time this year. The plan is a mini crawl of The Maverick , Red Lion , The Starving Rascal and The Robin Hood Inn . Fingers crossed
    Go for it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    There was no shortage of beer. And good beer at that!

We had a great afternoon with no problems at all. I can wait a couple more weeks now for the next step of opening indoors.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

CAMRA members should already have been notified but for anyone else, the All Party Parliamentary Group for Pubs is running an on-line inquiry on the effects of COVID and the future of pubs, which will be used to produce a report. Although they do not have any actual power, APPG activities are sometimes actually noticed by those who do and just occasionally contribute to changes, so it might be worth a few minutes to get some points across.

The survey is available at https://apppg.camra.org.uk/inquiry/ until May 21. (CAMRA provides the secretariat for the APPG)
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin;116112The survey is available at [URL="https://apppg.camra.org.uk/inquiry/"
    https://apppg.camra.org.uk/inquiry/[/URL] until May 21. (CAMRA provides the secretariat for the APPG)
    Thanks for the link. It seemed to be for the most part a well-constructed survey, with plenty of open-ended questions and the chance to express opinions, not just loads of meaningless multiple choice tick boxes.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    CAMRA members should already have been notified but for anyone else, the All Party Parliamentary Group for Pubs is running an on-line inquiry on the effects of COVID and the future of pubs, which will be used to produce a report. Although they do not have any actual power, APPG activities are sometimes actually noticed by those who do and just occasionally contribute to changes, so it might be worth a few minutes to get some points across.
    Duly done, and I feel a bit better having had the opportunity to make a few points to a group of parliamentarians who might actually be interested in listening...

This Space For Hire

Has anyone plucked up the courage to send a pint back yet? I got a short pint of admittedly spot-on Landlord here this afternoon - but the poor kid was run off her feet, I didn't have the heart to moan.

This Space For Hire

I'm not sure if the situation in tourist hotspots has been picked up here yet but I foresee big problems with labour shortages this summer in hospitality:

-EUers will have left due to Brexit and the plandemic;
    -the furloughed may not wish to return immediately if at all (going back to work after two weeks off is bad enough, some will be fearful still, some won't be gagged up for hours);
    -Londoners "WFH" have further put local prices out of reach for local or especially transient workers.

I think Quinno has it right with his trip to east Lancs! Those bidding up cottages to £4000/week won't be pleased...

Has anyone plucked up the courage to send a pint back yet? I got a short pint of admittedly spot-on Landlord here this afternoon - but the poor kid was run off her feet, I didn't have the heart to moan.
    With people drinking bottles and cans at home perhaps they will be less likely to accept vinegar and short measures from pubs in future.

Thankfully I've not had reason to yet,but I've only used four different pubs so far, ones I know well and look after their beer well.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields